Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 18:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My wife's solution for the offensive coordinator  (Read 1589 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 09:25 »

I think it's pretty clear what we need in an OC.

We need a guy that's called the plays for a Superbowl winning team, which gave up 5 or 6 sacks per game (and as many life preserving QB scrambles), had no WRs over 6'0" that could catch and had brutal STs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 09:27 »

Batch was never a Pro Bowl QB, ffs.

Who's to say he'd be any better than Arians or some other "established" coordinator? I appreciate the outside the box conceptual thinking but I see no reason to pursue a drastic switch. Definitely not for something like that.
We missed the boat with Martz.  Damn.  He's a Niner now.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 11:30 »

[We might even get another female member around here...
]

Hey, I'm not as insightful as your wife but I've been here for a while!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 11:45 »

Aside from possible lurkers, I think we only have two females on the board that actually post.

Titty girl & VaBch.

:2girlsnocup:
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 13:03 »

[We might even get another female member around here...
]

For the record, I did say another female member, not the first female member.  All you ladies are great in my book...

PUMA
Cogitobsw

« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 09:00 »

I thought the difference was that females don't have another member . . . wait . . . what?

In response to the original idea, I think it would work with a back up like Batch . . . I think the major impediment that keeps former star players from becoming coaches is that all of the recent ones retired multi-millionaires and don't want to work their asses off for the comparable little money a position coach would make.  

Rod Woodson can prolly make as much as a commentator working one day a week, as he could a position coach working his ass off.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 09:49 »

As someone already said, I think it's hard for stars to accept the fact that other players are not as talented as they are, and may never be able to do things the way that they did.  It takes more work and effort for some players, even at this level.  I mean, how could Elway or Marino or Lambert teach someone to play the way they did?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 12:36 »

It's an interesting thought, but I would like to see Batch work a few years as a position coach before he jumps to OC.  Besides, I doubt he's ready to hang it up just yet.  He can stick as the backup here for years if he wants.  He's not getting much wear and tear on his body right now.  The pay's better, and the hours are probably better too as a player.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 13:33 »

It's an interesting thought, but I would like to see Batch work a few years as a position coach before he jumps to OC.  Besides, I doubt he's ready to hang it up just yet.  He can stick as the backup here for years if he wants.  He's not getting much wear and tear on his body right now.  The pay's better, and the hours are probably better too as a player.
You and I are on the same page.  I think he can be a quality back up for at least another three years if he chooses and then I would want him to be a QB or WR's coach first before letting him run the offense.  The Mrs. doesn't like to wait around (I was going to say fool around but that wouldn't be accurate.)

PUMA
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 13:40 »

The Mrs. doesn't like to wait around (I was going to say fool around but that wouldn't be accurate.)

You must me married for what, two weeks now?

My wife doesn't like to wait around, and sadly, after 12+ years, the second would apply as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: