Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 18, 2014 at 10:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haggans (likely) gone  (Read 1237 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 09, 2008 at 12:31 »

No big surprise there.

I am a little surprised they never even touched base with him about staying in as a backup.  He did say he wanted to stay.

Woodman and Silverback coming off the edges will be a pretty fierce tandem next year.  Depth behind them is an issue that will need to be addressed somehow though.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 12:56 »

..."He's not going to be back," Jeff Sperbeck said of Haggans, who will be a free agent in March. "He had a good run, won a Super Bowl, enjoyed the people, the fans. He loved being a part of the old Steelers."

Odd choice of words.  Is there trouble within the ranks that we've not been hearing about?
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2008 at 12:57 by KeystoneKC » Logged

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 13:00 »

..."He's not going to be back," Jeff Sperbeck said of Haggans, who will be a free agent in March. "He had a good run, won a Super Bowl, enjoyed the people, the fans. He loved being a part of the old Steelers."

Odd choice of words.  Is there trouble within the ranks that we've not been hearing about?
I didn't read that much into it.  Always a new guard and an old guard within any team; when Cowher was here, Bettis and Ben epitomized that.  

I would bet the FO offers Haggans a small offer, but if he gets any serious money he's gone.  And someone will probably want him as a starter, rather than a backup.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 14:29 »

Odd choice of words. Is there trouble within the ranks that we've not been hearing about?

That's just agent-speak, an underhanded jab at the team/FO.  It wouldn't shock me if it was a total lie, anyway.

At the same time, don't the Steelers have a pretty long-standing tradition of not negotiating contracts during the season?  If I'm correct, then lack of contact is no big surprise.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 18:14 »

That's just agent-speak, an underhanded jab at the team/FO. It wouldn't shock me if it was a total lie, anyway.

At the same time, don't the Steelers have a pretty long-standing tradition of not negotiating contracts during the season? If I'm correct, then lack of contact is no big surprise.

Great post. Nailed the parting shot from the agent. The Steelers FO had bigger, more expensive fish to fry last offseason. Troy. Ben. Faneca. Etc

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2008 at 19:59 »

He'll end up a Brownie.  

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:57 »

He'll end up a Brownie.

And then find out what it feels like to get crackbacked by #86.

Didn't think Haggans added anything special this year.  Seems like this agrees.  

To be fair, though, he did have 1.5 sacks and one pass defensed in the second half of the season.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2008 at 23:12 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: