Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 23:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomlin Presser  (Read 953 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 23:00 »

But then I heard the man speak.  Then I saw the look in his eyes.  I was onboard bigtime and still am.

that is either the most 100% thing I have ever heard in my life...or you have a stockroom of candy in your basement and have accepted a million rides from dudes who wear tunics brandishing illegal firearms!!!!!??????  :unsure:
No, my arse is still intact.  I meant that the man inspired me.  And I knew he'd be able to motivate this team and fill in some BIG shoes and keep the whole damn thing moving forward.  

I mean, it wasn't a sexy look in his eyes.  It was a look of "I know where we're going.  Y'all going with me or sitting to the side?"

I imagine Lambert would have played for Tomlin.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 02:20 »

Pretty good stuff from our main man. At least he is on the fix the lines and ST's page. Interesting explanation of the big 3rd down play. Ok Bruce, you get somewhat of a pass because MT was clearly in on the call, but you probably suggested it. I think calling that play was a case of them outsmarting themselves. Sounds good on the sidelines but ending up not so good on the field because they assumed too much, didn't dictate the play to JAX, and ran it behind a guy who hadn't started a game in 2 years. Doh! Your 20-15 hindsight Mike is on the money. Out of plays? Really? Just because SH caught 2, count'em 2, slants? What about this, single back set, double TE's, Ward out left and SH out right- BR rolls out right with the RB, Spaeth helping block and look for Heat making an out underneath the Holmes vertical route. Even if he catches it a couple yards short, he's a freakin bull and might make it. If not open, tuck it and run for a couple yards which is whathappened anyway. But give Ben a chance at least.  OK, I'm letting it go now....

Tomlin says all the right things and I'm sure he will be even better next year. He seems to know what the problems are (they're pretty obvious) and I'm sure he will try to fix them. You got to like this guys drive and his sheer will to succeed. Ben is only 25, and its tough to remember that sometimes, despite the fact that his football age is higher after all the hits he's taken. I think MT wins at least 1 SB with Ben at the helm. Ben is a special guy and there's even more room for improvement, which I'm sure he will (provided he continues to stay off motorcycles). If Tombert somehow manage to get a competent OL going, BR is going to light it up even more than he did this year. And it seems like Tomlin, who has already won a SB, won't stop until he delivers one to Steeler Nation.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 14:35 »

Part of this is to address some injury issues: Ryan Clark, his status hasn

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 21:39 »

i wish that damned reporter would have ballsed up and asked that questoin about Mahan before the interview was over...

You're not looking closely enough.  His answer is there.

What [would you say] about Sean Mahan?

Thank you. Have a great one.

Also caught and loved his response about the Baltimaroons.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: