Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 20, 2014 at 22:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaches Dropped the Ball  (Read 1366 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:48 »

It is was and always will be a terrible call....

In a situation like that, it's Ben responsibility to put his hands to his ears and pull the old "I can't hear the play" fake-a-roo. Then just draw something up.

:sandlot:
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:53 »

We were averaging about two yards per run
We ran the play to the side of the field with our third string tackle
Our passing has been clicking on all cylinders the whole half

There is no proving otherwise that this was a good play call.
sure its easy to prove its a bad call when it doesnt work

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
mzimmerman81
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:54 »

We were averaging about two yards per run
We ran the play to the side of the field with our third string tackle
Our passing has been clicking on all cylinders the whole half

There is no proving otherwise that this was a good play call.
sure its easy to prove its a bad call when it doesnt work
The fact that it had little chance of working and considering all the other factors involved, there were many more high percentage plays.  It was a bad call, it had a limited chance of success as was proven.

2007 MGS Bracket Challenge Winner
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 17:57 »

How did Arians "nut up"? He did exactly the opposite in making the chickenshit and his admission that it was 'probably' a dumb idea does little to redeem himself in my opinion.

It was a turning point of sorts. Definitely was a big chance to step up big, take the bull by the horns, make good friends with the clock, pin the tail on the donkey, put the first nails in the coffin. And what does Bring Me Down Bruce call for? That shit.

Obviously he's gonna be grilled about the call afterwards. What was he gonna say? "Well we thought long and hard, wanted to maximize all of our weapons, and work to create mismatches. So we ran a boot to the short side of the field. Yeah, we didn't run for anything of note the entire 57 minutes of play therebefore, but we were commited to the element of surprise. We just didn't execute." He couldn't have said that or he'd be sent to an asylum.

Everyone knows it was a BS play call. I appreciate him saying it but I dont see how anyone can think it took some great measure of courage.

Hell our record-setting QB risks his life every game behind the OL, works his ass off to compensate for his mistakes and gives us the lead(!) only to have the ball taken out of his hands on the most crucial down and all he does is build-up his teammates with credit and puts all the blame on himself. He's the one who's nuttin' up. Ben RULZ

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 18:00 »

The Steelers will revert to a see-how-tough-we-are mentality and attempt 13 first-down runs, even after opening the game with six consecutive pass calls on a touchdown drive, and even though their center, Sean Mahan, will be ground into sawdust by the middle of the second quarter.

They will net 24 yards on those 13 runs.

And I think about 11 of those yards were on the one carry in the first drive, so after that it was 12 carries for roughly 13 yards.

I thought Najeh was supposed to be the big back we needed to come through and leave us in second and manageable? Blessing in disguise, etc, etc. Anyone who said or thought that should give their terrible towel to a friend and have them whap you in the balls with it. FWP > that Najeh/Russell crap effort.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 21:51 »

I thought Najeh was supposed to be the big back we needed to come through and leave us in second and manageable? Blessing in disguise, etc, etc. Anyone who said or thought that should give their terrible towel to a friend and have them whap you in the balls with it. FWP > that Najeh/Russell crap effort.
Problem is, they left their terrible towels over their seats in disgust at the end of the first half.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: