Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 18:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eddie B. Shuffles the Line  (Read 1089 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 18:30 »

Their other prized rookie linebacker, first-rounder Lawrence Timmons, will compete with Larry Foote to start at the "mack" position inside. Although they said Timmons was an outside linebacker after they drafted him, his future is inside.

That's good to hear.  Foote isn't that great.  Never was.  Though the measuring stick for me is a rookie K. Bell.  

Timmons should be okay in coverage.  I don't see him as a rusher, either due to size or speed.  And I don't believe he has the smarts yet to call the plays as Farrior does at the buck spot.  

They also need another big defensive lineman, not so they can switch to the 4-3, but because Aaron Smith turns 32 in April and they need to groom someone and rotate him into the line on both sides. Casey Hampton also turns 31 before the start of next season and his backup, Chris Hoke, turns 32 in April. Their top backup end is Travis Kirschke, who will be 34.

The elephant in the room.  Well, maybe Ed reads MBs.  

I don't think DE is a depth issue as much as it is a continuity issue.  I don't want to wait until it breaks to buy a new one.  Our projects haven't included a Brett Keisel since, well, Brett Keisel in 2002.  What are Orien Harris, Shaun Nua, or Eric Taylor doing these days?

Didn't Marvel Smith have surgeries before to relieve some neck/back issues?

Essex had a lot of help in that final game.  Probably against Baltimore too.  He's not woth it IMO.

Tomlin said something along the lines of needing more talent along the OL and DL.  I think he's exactly right.  

I'm not sure that adding Chidi Iwuoma or Sean Morey alters the results on STs.  But they might be better than Anthony Madison or any of the scrub LBs.  

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 15:18 »

But we still need a franchise LT, sorry. Smith is too unreliable, IMO.

The guy that can take over that franchis LT is the jr out of Boise State....Ryan Clady...

I dont believe 4-5 Tackles will be taken in the 1st round..Clady is projected behind Long and maybe Otah..

I pray he falls to 23-24...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 07:53 »

But we still need a franchise LT, sorry. Smith is too unreliable, IMO.

The guy that can take over that franchis LT is the jr out of Boise State....Ryan Clady...

I dont believe 4-5 Tackles will be taken in the 1st round..Clady is projected behind Long and maybe Otah..

I pray he falls to 23-24...
I like Clady.  I thik he could be top 15.  If he falls to 1.23, BAM!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: