Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 10:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers in Free Agency  (Read 20400 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Feb 29, 2008 at 09:02 »

Kris Jenkins goes to the Jets for a first and third.  Wow, seems sorta steep.  Derek Anderson rejects the Browneyes' 3/$20/$10 deal.  Think he also nets a first and third if someone else gets him.  Not that anyone was talking Vilma in the 3-4, but:

Browns | Team acquires C. Williams
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:04:54 -0800

Updating a previous item, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have agreed in principle on a trade to acquire Green Bay Packers DT Corey Williams in exchange for a second-round pick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jets | Team trades Vilma to New Orleans
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:04:17 -0800

Updating a previous item, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets have agreed in principle to trade LB Jonathan Vilma to the New Orleans Saints in exchange for a conditional draft pick based on Vilma's playing time.

Big news for the Browns to get Corey Williams. That's a nice pickup.

More craziness:

Broncos | Team rumored to be involved in three-way trade
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:45:41 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the Denver Broncos are rumored to be involved in a three-way trade with the New York Jets and Detroit Lions. The Jets would send DT Dewayne Robertson to the Broncos, the Broncos would send CB Domonique Foxworth and a second-round draft pick to the Lions and the Lions would send DT Shaun Rogers to the Jets.

Jets, with the above and the Faneca biz, are goin' nutty.

Jackson shaky with Vikes?

Vikings | Team offers third-round pick for Rosenfels
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:00:09 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings offered the Houston Texans a third-round draft pick for QB Sage Rosenfels, who is under contract.

Coupla notable old-timers.

Rams | Team releases Bruce
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:32:27 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams cut WR Isaac Bruce Thursday, Feb. 28.

Ravens | Team releases Flynn
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:55:39 -0800

Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome announced Thursday, Feb. 28, that the team released C Mike Flynn.

At this point, I'd take Flynn for a year and cut Mahan out-fucking-right.  Another guy worth a look:

Chargers | Team releases Olivea
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:47:03 -0800

Kevin Acee, of The San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers released OT Shane Olivea Thursday, Feb. 28.

More idiocy from the Raidahs:

Raiders | Team re-signs Kelly
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:57:33 -0800

Scout.com reports the Oakland Raiders re-signed DL Tommy Kelly to a seven-year deal worth as much as $50.5 million Thursday, Feb. 28.

Schefter on NFL Network saying guys like Berrian and Gib Wilson will be getting paid.  Heck, even Madieu Williams will likely be out of our reach.  One guy I thought might work, Drayton Florence from SD.  Could be a utility DB, play package stuff, can fill in at S or CB.  Got beaten out at CB by Cromartie, but that's not saying DF is bad.  I see him as better than Carter, at least.

A lot going on.  We'll wait till some dust settles, of course, what with the Starks and Ben stuff.  Wouldn't mind someone taking Essex away and giving us a R3 pick.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Feb 29, 2008 at 10:02 »

More updates.

Buccaneers | Team to meet with M. Moore
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:52:59 -0800

Jim Flynn, of the Pewter Report, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are scheduled to meet with free-agent RB Mewelde Moore (Vikings) as early as Friday, Feb. 29.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaguars | Team to sign J. Porter?
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:45:17 -0800

Nancy Gay, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports free-agent WR Jerry Porter (Raiders) has an agreement in place to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to FOXSports.com

Raiders | Team interested in G. Wilson
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:35:37 -0800

Nancy Gay, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports the Oakland Raiders are interested in signing free-agent SS Gibril Wilson (Giants).

Browns | Anderson receives multiyear deal from team
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:20:16 -0800

The Associated Press reports Cleveland Browns QB Derek Anderson has agreed to a multiyear deal with the team, according to a person familiar with the negotiations. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract had not been completed.

Buccaneers | Team interested in Florence
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:57:19 -0800

Scott Reynolds, of the Pewter Report, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are hoping to schedule an interview with free-agent CB Drayton Florence (Chargers) for Friday, Feb. 29.

Eagles | Samuel to visit team Friday
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:56:21 -0800

The Philadelphia Eagles announced Friday, Feb. 29, that they will meet with free-agent CB Asante Samuel (Patriots) Friday, Feb. 29.

Bucs have a ton of money.  If they want Florence, no way we compete, so scratch that.  They'll also get Moore.  Lot of talk that the Eagles let Lito Shepherd go and sign Samuel.  

Thank you Lord baby Jesus for resolving the Derek Anderson drama.  We were all holding our collective breath.

So the Jags have former top-10 flub Troy Williamson and now Jerry Porter on the roster?  Well, good luck with all that.  Porter might amount, but this is no Randy Moss resurrection.

And sorry, Pens, if the Raiders are sniffing at Gib Wilson, he's out of reach.  The Walking Corpse will overpay him.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Feb 29, 2008 at 10:32 »

Can't we ever try to make a trade with anyone?

I wouldn't have minded getting Vilma.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Feb 29, 2008 at 18:06 »

I thought that, too, Preach.

The only consolation is that Vilma seems to play better in the 4-3 -- unless we planned on moving toward that in the next two seasons, of course.

In that case, DOH!

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #24 on: Feb 29, 2008 at 19:31 »

So the Jags have former top-10 flub Troy Williamson and now Jerry Porter on the roster?  Well, good luck with all that.  Porter might amount, but this is no Randy Moss resurrection.
WR Reggie Williams : 2004 1st round (9th pick) by the Jacksonville Jaguars

WR Matt Jones : 2005 1st round (21st pick) by the Jacksonville Jaguars

WR Troy Williamson : 2005 1st round (7th pick) by the Minnesota Vikings

WR Jerry Porter: 2000 2nd round (16th pick) by the Oakland Raiders

WR Dennis Northcutt: 2000 2nd round (1st pick) by the Cleveland Browns

What a pile of turds! I guess if you throw enough turds against the wall, one's bound to stick.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #25 on: Feb 29, 2008 at 20:58 »

The Browns Are Determined To Rid Themselves Of Every Draft Pick They Have

And Leigh Bodden?

Crazy.

It has not been confirmed yet, but a league source said the Lions are very close to finalizing a deal that will send Shaun Rogers to the Cleveland Browns for veteran cornerback Leigh Bodden and a third-round draft pick.

Details are still sketchy, but the original trade that sent Rogers to the Cincinnati Bengals for a third- and fifth-round pick did not go through.

For severals days prior to Friday, the Browns had been the most interested in dealing for Rogers. Bodden had been mentioned as part of the deal. With veteran free agent cornerbacks Brian Kelly and Drayton Florence both looking for high-dollar contracts, the Lions wanted to land a veteran cornerback in a deal for Rogers.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 10:34 »

And sorry, Pens, if the Raiders are sniffing at Gib Wilson, he's out of reach.  The Walking Corpse will overpay him.
Yeah, I hear you.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Mar 25, 2008 at 10:36 »

The Steelers are hosting three college prospects today at their South Side practice facility.

Linebackers Shawn Crable of Michigan and Jerod Mayo of Tennessee and running back Ryan Torain of Arizona State are meeting with coaches.

www.pittsburghlive.co m...58946.html  
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2008 at 10:48 »

No to Torain... Lis Franc.

Why Mayo and Crable?  

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Mar 25, 2008 at 12:31 »

Sorry, Torain had a broken toe.  Added the visits to the Langford thread in Draft.

Veteran DE visits Steelers
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Anthony McFarland, a veteran defensive end with nine years in the NFL, is paying a visit to the Steelers today as a free agent.

McFarland, 30, was released by the Indianapolis Colts last month when he failed a physical. He spent last season on injured reserve with a knee injury. The Colts acquired McFarland in a trade with Tampa Bay in October 2006 for a second-round draft choice.

He was the Bucs' first-round draft choice in 1999 from LSU and played for Tampa Bay when Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was the secondary coach there.

Also, several college prospects were visiting the Steelers today: Arizona State running back Ryan Torain, Michigan outside linebacker Shawn Cable and linebacker Jerod Mayo of Tennessee.

So we're bringing in Booger?  Wasn't he a non-factor in Indy?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: