Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 13:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Letter to Tony Romo  (Read 824 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Jan 14, 2008 at 07:32 »

Dear Tony,

I was sorry to see your playoff loss last night.  Well, kind of sorry.  Part of me was a little glad, because people have basically forgotten that I exist while singing your praises all season long.  Even though I've won a Super Bowl, set the record for most consecutive rookie wins, won as the youngest Super Bowl QB ever, won more playoff games than you've ever played, and managed to win a third division title while running for my life and from my offensive coordinator...they still call me a game manager.  They've called you the next Brett Favre.

Well, last night, you found out why you're not the next Brett Favre.  You found out why I am the next Favre, Elway, Marino, and Montana all rolled up into one.  When you faced what I've faced for basically three years, you choked.  Believe me, I understand what it's like when your offensive line fails you.  I know what it's like when your receivers drop the ball.  Part of that is what you get when you hitch yourself to TO's wagon, so you just have to live with that.  

But as far as you yelling at your oline and blaming them for what happens, I say this:  WELCOME TO MY WORLD!  My advice to you is to quit whining and just play.  Have you ever once seen me hollering at anyone else?  Have you seen me blaming anyone else for my 45+ sacks or my interceptions?  No, I take the responsibility, I take the heat, and I come back and play.  That's why I'm a little more than a game manager.

Pardon me if I don't feel sorry for you.  Ask Willie Parker if he'd trade Flozell Adams for Marvel Smith.  Ask us if we'd take your center or anyone else on your line for Sean Mahan.  Ask us if we'd like to have a Marion Barber or a Julius Jones waiting in the wings instead of Najeh Davenport.

I hope you've enjoyed the overplayed, overhyped two seasons that you've had.  I know a little about what that's like.  My advice to you is to quit watching ESPN and running off to the beach with Jessica (who is hot, by the way) and believing your own hype.  That's what I did, and I got myself working and preparing and playing in spite of the lack of talent around me.  I hope you'll come back down to earth this offseason, and recognize that true greatness comes from hard work and responsibility for your team.  It doesn't come from SportsCenter.

Well, have a good time watching the rest of the playoffs.  Did I mention that I've won more playoff games than you've ever played?  Just thought I'd throw that in.

Later,
Ben

PS--And please tell TO to quit crying and catch the ball.  If you want to see a guy that had a reason for tears, watch Hines Ward's effort in our playoff game.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
sysadmin7

« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 08:37 »

Ha...nice work Preacherman, though let's still give credit to the 'boys (even though I can't stand them). Dallas offense as a "whole" is much better than what Ben has around him and yet Ben still can't get past the "game manager" label. Steeler fans see this though the rest of the NFL is clueless.

We need to protect our invest in Ben, big time. This starts with the big hogs up front (duh). Imagine if Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers/Tom Brady or any other QB in the league behind that o-line. Would we even have a sub-par season? Doubtful...

I have faith in the Steelers staff, Tomlin, Arians, LeBeau and the likes to build around him and start cutting the fat.

This is the year of new beginnings my friends and LETS GO STEELERS!!!

LINUX = FREEDOM
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 20:33 »

Dear Tony,

I was sorry to see your playoff loss last night.  Well, kind of sorry.  Part of me was a little glad, because people have basically forgotten that I exist while singing your praises all season long.  Even though I've won a Super Bowl, set the record for most consecutive rookie wins, won as the youngest Super Bowl QB ever, won more playoff games than you've ever played, and managed to win a third division title while running for my life and from my offensive coordinator...they still call me a game manager.  They've called you the next Brett Favre.

Well, last night, you found out why you're not the next Brett Favre.  You found out why I am the next Favre, Elway, Marino, and Montana all rolled up into one.  When you faced what I've faced for basically three years, you choked.  Believe me, I understand what it's like when your offensive line fails you.  I know what it's like when your receivers drop the ball.  Part of that is what you get when you hitch yourself to TO's wagon, so you just have to live with that.  

But as far as you yelling at your oline and blaming them for what happens, I say this:  WELCOME TO MY WORLD!  My advice to you is to quit whining and just play.  Have you ever once seen me hollering at anyone else?  Have you seen me blaming anyone else for my 45+ sacks or my interceptions?  No, I take the responsibility, I take the heat, and I come back and play.  That's why I'm a little more than a game manager.

Pardon me if I don't feel sorry for you.  Ask Willie Parker if he'd trade Flozell Adams for Marvel Smith.  Ask us if we'd take your center or anyone else on your line for Sean Mahan.  Ask us if we'd like to have a Marion Barber or a Julius Jones waiting in the wings instead of Najeh Davenport.

I hope you've enjoyed the overplayed, overhyped two seasons that you've had.  I know a little about what that's like.  My advice to you is to quit watching ESPN and running off to the beach with Jessica (who is hot, by the way) and believing your own hype.  That's what I did, and I got myself working and preparing and playing in spite of the lack of talent around me.  I hope you'll come back down to earth this offseason, and recognize that true greatness comes from hard work and responsibility for your team.  It doesn't come from SportsCenter.

Well, have a good time watching the rest of the playoffs.  Did I mention that I've won more playoff games than you've ever played?  Just thought I'd throw that in.

Later,
Ben

PS--And please tell TO to quit crying and catch the ball.  If you want to see a guy that had a reason for tears, watch Hines Ward's effort in our playoff game.
Well done, Preach.

I can only imagine what Ben thinks when these pretenders get all the praise.
I just had a chat with a waiter at my fave pub who happens to be a Steelers fan.  We agree that if Ben had just one TO or Randy Moss....he's unstoppable.  Not that we'd give up Hines or Santonio - we LOOOOOVE them.
But for anybody with a brain to discount what Ben has done???
Idiots.

I'll take Ben over Romo, Eli, Rivers, Brady, Peyton, Brees, and Garrard anyday.
In fact, I can't think of another QB I'd rather have.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 20:55 »

We agree that if Ben had just one TO or Randy Moss....he's unstoppable.

Well, I dunno if he's unstoppable but it would be refreshing to have a WR taller than I am and not named Nate.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 21:02 »

Well, I dunno if he's unstoppable but it would be refreshing to have a WR taller than I am and not named Nate.
Well hell, Oat.
Most NFL receivers are at least 6" bigger than you.....

oo)  

I'm still the one with the boobs.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 21:10 »

Well hell, Oat.

Damn you!

Now I'm gonna shake it at you, Zeke Mowat style.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 23:31 »

Well hell, Oat.

oo)
:smackdownsomeoat:

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 06:22 »

Damn you!

Now I'm gonna shake it at you, Zeke Mowat style.

He said "Zeke Mowat!"   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: