Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 22:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Colbert's comments on the OL  (Read 2233 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 18:21 »

One thing's for sure, a FA OC is definitely cheaper than a FA OT.

I agree; it's one of the reasons I'm in favor of that, as it would be (relative to other spots, of course) cheap. Also frees up draft spots to OT/OG/DL.

And, as bad as the Bengal line is/was, it's not because of their OC.  Their problem was more on the edges.

Not so sure about THAT, though...I thought that the Bengal O-line was much less of a force this year, and I'm not sure how much might have been due to Step.

Still, however good/bad he might be, I have no doubt he's better than Mahan. If the price is right, bring his ass in.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Jan 18, 2008 at 09:59 »

And, as bad as the Bengal line is/was, it's not because of their OC.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:14 »

I thought that the Browns adding Steinback and Thomas would have a major impact, as well as the negative impact for the Bengals.  Steinach apparently was a big swing factor, and IMO highlights how much we undervalue the OG spot.  With Simmons still not up to snuff, and Faneca IMO already declining, is it any wonder our line has suffered an inside-out attrition?  

I keep thinking that we'd be wise to pick up Roy Scheuning in R2-3.  Don't know why, but I think he'd solidify the line in a huge way.  One spot described him as a technician, more Logan Mankins than Ben Grubbs.  Well, fine.  I was worried about hime being "too finesse" until I saw him in the bowl game playing RT, traditionally a mauler position.  He was much bigger than I remembered, and frankly, he fucking dominated.  Good strength and foot speed.

At LG, he'd be a guy who (like Faneca) could be called on in an emergency to play OT.  And he's bigger than Colon, but then, who isn't.  Gets props for being a tough guy, not missing time, even playing through walking pneumonia.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: