Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 16:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If the Ravens Hire Cowher...  (Read 1443 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 03, 2008 at 08:59 »

I mean, this is only a wffl report, but...

Ravens | Team to make a run for Cowher?
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:54:10 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens are preparing to make a run for former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher, according to sources close to the team. One source said the team was planning to meet with him this weekend, but a team official denied the rumor.

Oh, and not one of my doctored reports, either, BTW.

I realize Cowher may likely coach another team someday.  Fine.  I can accept that, and I like and accept Cowher for what he did when here.  But if he'd work for the fucking Ravens, that'd be sacriligious.  I'd have to hate the guy.  Seriously.

Don't do it, Bill.  Coach the Dolphins, coach the Panthers, coach whoever, just not the fucking Rats.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 09:44 »

just not the fucking Rats

I'd have to also go Browns, Bengals, Patriots, and Cowboys.  To coach in our division would be the most unpardonable sin.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 10:02 »

just not the fucking Rats

I'd have to also go Browns, Bengals, Patriots, and Cowboys.  To coach in our division would be the most unpardonable sin.
Oh, I agree with all that.  

Just not likely that the Pats, Cowturds, or even Browns will be in the market this year.  Marv may be on the short leash, but it looks like he's staying.

Tomlin should be the second longest tenured AFCN coach by the end of next season, though.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 11:25 »

Tomlin should be the second longest tenured AFCN coach by the end of next season, though.

That is weird, wild stuff.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 11:31 »

I would also have to hate his guts if he came back to coach the Raturds. Completely unacceptable. The only divisional team I could see him coaching for would be the Stains, but it seems The Barrel is off the hot seat. Besides, other reports indicate that the Turds are looking for an offense minded HC and our boy Bill doesn't fit that description. Just don't, or can't , see it happening.

KTBFFH
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 12:43 »

I'd have to give him a pass if he hooked up with the Brownies.  He played & coached for them in his prior lives.  

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 23:06 »

If I've said it oce, I've said it a million times.  Bill Cowher will take over from Herm in KC.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 11:20 »

Cowher would look 105% wearing that fruity purple color.

A year ago, I would've cared.  Now, couldn't care less.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 20:02 »

I really think that if Cowher coaches anywhere in the next 2 seasons, it will be somewhere he can commute to from Raleigh. The only easy commute would be to Charlotte (Carolina) . They didn't fire Fox, and I don't assume they will unless the Panthers have another shitty year.

I think Cowher stays on CBS through '09.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 21:10 »

I really think that if Cowher coaches anywhere in the next 2 seasons, it will be somewhere he can commute to from Raleigh. The only easy commute would be to Charlotte (Carolina) . They didn't fire Fox, and I don't assume they will unless the Panthers have another shitty year.

I think Cowher stays on CBS through '09.
Agreed.  He's not classless enough to go to the Turds.  Won't happen.

Brownies I can see, and legitimately.
No one else in the division though.  He's no Rick Pitino.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: