Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 20:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He damn well better  (Read 604 times)
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jan 16, 2008 at 20:03 »

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_547648.html

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
padgfrombf

« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 23:12 »

It's encouraging news.

Aside from replacing Favre in Green Bay, most every other move for Big Ben would involve more money but lesser teams, unless you catch lightning in a bottle (Warner, Rypien).

If Ben stays, he had better hope that the Steelers are able to upgrade.  History shows that QB's tend to win their SB's in bunches.  Unitas was probably closest to winning it all 10-12 years apart.

"The quarterback position is one position we've addressed two years prior to free agency," Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert said. "Obviously, Ben has done some great things for our organization. We expect him to accomplish even greater things moving forward.
I wish they'd address a few other positions two years in advance, rather than continually drafting for need early.

Roethlisberger is scheduled to earn $1,356,500 in 2008 and $1,707,000 in 2009 in base salary. He is due bonuses of $2.95 million in 2008 and $8 million in 2009.
Looks like one of those balloon payment mortgages.  That $8MM bonus will motivate the front office to get a deal done.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 07:00 »

SING BNE RUFLESBURGER!!!!!1111

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 07:52 »

If Ben stays, he had better hope that the Steelers are able to upgrade.  History shows that QB's tend to win their SB's in bunches.  Unitas was probably closest to winning it all 10-12 years apart.

Ben might be the exception to the rule since he won his so early on in his career.  I hope that is the case anyway...

PUMA
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 11:31 »

that is the best article I've ever read.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: