Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 08:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, I'm on Board: Dump Arians  (Read 838 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 17, 2008 at 10:57 »

This guy needs to be our new OC.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 12:30 »

"This year was a solid year for us offensively -- not great, not bad, solid. It was kind of a turning point for us."

sounds like a quarterback that is very unhappy with the direction of the offense

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 13:15 »

"TIMEOUT!!"

"TIMEOUT!!!!"

*Roethlisberger wanders over to the Steeler sideline*

BR (to BA):  "So, what's it gonna be coach?"

BA:  *looks over the play sheet*

BR:  "They haven't been able to cover Heath all game; I like him for a quick pitch and catch."

BA:  "Wait, wait...gimmee a second, I've got something good bouncing around in my head."

MT (calmly walking over):  "What's it gonna be, boys?  Let's finish these bastards, right here, eh?"

BR (to MT):  "Bruce's workin' on the goods.  I like Heath for a quick one down the seam; maybe Ward for a quick slant.  He's money on 3rd down..."

BA (interrupting):  "OK, this is the shit.  Let's go shotgun, double RB..."

BR:  *wide eyed*  "Yeah...yeah..."

BA:  "...QB sweep."

MT:  *blinking*...*dazed*

BR:  ...

BA:  "What??  It worked in practice."

BR:  Yeah, in practice, but...

MT:  "I play to win, B..."

BA:  "I know...I know, but they won't be expecting it."

MT:  "I dunno, man.  Sounds like a Tice move to me."

BR:  "These guys haven't been able to stop me, man.  18 points down?  4th down pass to Holmes?  Any of this ringing a bell?  Let me win this, man."

BA:  "All that has been working well.  I get it.  That's why I think we should go with this off the wall play..."

BR:  "Like we did after the first drive??"

BA:  "Hey, just because it worked great once doesn't mean that it's going to keep working.  You need to throw off the wall shit at the defense to keep 'em honest."

MT:  "Let the kid finish what he started, Bruce."

BR:  "I got this."

BA:  "I'm convinced this is the right call.  If these six guys make perfect blocks, you might take it to the house."

BR:  *sighing*  "I'm not Kordell Stewart, man."

MT:  "It's your call, BA, but...*thumbing in BR's direction*...he's paid to win games with his arm, not his legs."

BA:  "Trust me.  It'll work.  It works every time in practice.  Besides, even if we don't get the first, the defense holds their O easily."

MT:  *walks away...shaking head*  "Like I said, your call, bro."

BR:  "Coach..."

MT:  "You guys work it out.  Play clock's about to start."

BA:  *muttering under his breath*  "Genius.  Pure genius"

BR:  "C'mon...you gotta have something better than that.  At least let me give it to Willie; he'll have a fighting chance."

BA:  *eyes gleaming now; smiling like the Joker in Batman*  "NO!  Do it!  It'll work!  GO!

BR:  *closes eyes hoping for lightning to strike*  "Alright."  *trots back to the huddle*

*The snap; failed attempt*

*Roethlisberger snaps his chinstrap off in disgust as he heads back to the sideline*

BA:  *in awe*  "I...I...don't get it.  It always worked in pract..."

BR:  *cold cocks Arians in the jaw knocking him out cold*  *BR standing over Arians*  That's for every guy on this team that's wanted to do that this year everytime you called one of your trick bullshit plays.  I'm outta here.  Where's my hog?"

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 14:00 »

Gotta admit the no huddle was pretty damned effective.  Hope we use it about, oooooh, 10x as often in '08.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 14:01 »

SINGG JAYSUM GRANETT>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
sysadmin7

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 18:44 »

"TIMEOUT!!"

"TIMEOUT!!!!"

*Roethlisberger wanders over to the Steeler sideline*

BR (to BA):  "So, what's it gonna be coach?"

BA:  *looks over the play sheet*

BR:  "They haven't been able to cover Heath all game; I like him for a quick pitch and catch."

BA:  "Wait, wait...gimmee a second, I've got something good bouncing around in my head."

MT (calmly walking over):  "What's it gonna be, boys?  Let's finish these bastards, right here, eh?"

BR (to MT):  "Bruce's workin' on the goods.  I like Heath for a quick one down the seam; maybe Ward for a quick slant.  He's money on 3rd down..."

BA (interrupting):  "OK, this is the shit.  Let's go shotgun, double RB..."

BR:  *wide eyed*  "Yeah...yeah..."

BA:  "...QB sweep."

MT:  *blinking*...*dazed*

BR:  ...

BA:  "What??  It worked in practice."

BR:  Yeah, in practice, but...

MT:  "I play to win, B..."

BA:  "I know...I know, but they won't be expecting it."

MT:  "I dunno, man.  Sounds like a Tice move to me."

BR:  "These guys haven't been able to stop me, man.  18 points down?  4th down pass to Holmes?  Any of this ringing a bell?  Let me win this, man."

BA:  "All that has been working well.  I get it.  That's why I think we should go with this off the wall play..."

BR:  "Like we did after the first drive??"

BA:  "Hey, just because it worked great once doesn't mean that it's going to keep working.  You need to throw off the wall shit at the defense to keep 'em honest."

MT:  "Let the kid finish what he started, Bruce."

BR:  "I got this."

BA:  "I'm convinced this is the right call.  If these six guys make perfect blocks, you might take it to the house."

BR:  *sighing*  "I'm not Kordell Stewart, man."

MT:  "It's your call, BA, but...*thumbing in BR's direction*...he's paid to win games with his arm, not his legs."

BA:  "Trust me.  It'll work.  It works every time in practice.  Besides, even if we don't get the first, the defense holds their O easily."

MT:  *walks away...shaking head*  "Like I said, your call, bro."

BR:  "Coach..."

MT:  "You guys work it out.  Play clock's about to start."

BA:  *muttering under his breath*  "Genius.  Pure genius"

BR:  "C'mon...you gotta have something better than that.  At least let me give it to Willie; he'll have a fighting chance."

BA:  *eyes gleaming now; smiling like the Joker in Batman*  "NO!  Do it!  It'll work!  GO!

BR:  *closes eyes hoping for lightning to strike*  "Alright."  *trots back to the huddle*

*The snap; failed attempt*

*Roethlisberger snaps his chinstrap off in disgust as he heads back to the sideline*

BA:  *in awe*  "I...I...don't get it.  It always worked in pract..."

BR:  *cold cocks Arians in the jaw knocking him out cold*  *BR standing over Arians*  That's for every guy on this team that's wanted to do that this year everytime you called one of your trick bullshit plays.  I'm outta here.  Where's my hog?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I spit coffee all over my computer monitor over the "OK, this is the shit...QB draw play."  

Too Damn Funny bro...too damn funny.  

LINUX = FREEDOM
padgfrombf

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2008 at 01:27 »

....BR:  *cold cocks Arians in the jaw knocking him out cold*  *BR standing over Arians*  That's for every guy on this team that's wanted to do that this year everytime you called one of your trick bullshit plays.  I'm outta here.  Where's my hog?"
Too bad the T-R doesn't have the hair to publish something like this.  I guess that's why we have message boards.

Anyway, good stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: