Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 21, 2014 at 17:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harbaugh hired  (Read 1805 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 18, 2008 at 18:47 »

Jesus, I thought it was Jim Harbaugh.  Hope he's just as bad a coach, at any rate.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2008 at 20:07 »

Doh!

Penso, I thought the exact same thing.

What a letdown.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 09:38 »

Harbaugh and Tomlin coached at U Cinci '99-00; Harbaugh's ascent was a bit slower, though, ~10 year layovers in Cinci and with the Iggles, as opposed to Tomlin movin' on up after about a year or two at each gig, college to DBs/TB to DC/MV to HC/PS.  S'pose the Ratties coveted a guy who had touched the hem of Tomlin's robe.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 09:46 »

From PFT.com

HARBAUGH ERA STARTS TODAY
Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2008, 9:48 a.m.
The Ravens will formally introduce their new head coach, John Harbaugh, at a noon news conference.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Harbaugh is expected to hire Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur to be the team

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 11:43 »

For what it's worth, I thought it was Jim Harbaugh as well. Couldn't figure out why that Ratbird troll said they'd have great special teams in another thread.
I was confused too.  

Joe Montana was a quarterback you crazy asshole...

I said, Joe Montanya.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
BallTMore
N00b

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 13:27 »

Well, I wouldn't consider myself a troll. I didn't come over to talk smack and run off. I know some of the posters on this board from the old ESPN message boards, so I stop in every once in a while to see what is going on in Steeler land.

John Harbaugh left me impressed after watching his press conference earlier today. He seemed very energetic , and excited to lead this team. Time will tell if this is a good hire, it's a risk for sure, but I trust that Ozzie Newsome and Biscut left no stone unturned before deciding to name him Head Coach.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 20:07 »

My close friend is a die-hard Eagles fan, and he said he wasn't surprised about the Harbaugh hire.

He said that, a few years ago, the Eagles special teams was spectacular. Apparently, though, Harbaugh told Andy Reid that he wanted to change to a different position coach, as special teams coaching is a dead end (otherwise, wouldn''t Bobby April be a head coach now?). So, Reid switched him to DB coach this past season.

My friend noted that the special teams, without Harbaugh coaching, was terrible this year. The Eagles DB's were great, although, as we agreed, they had some pretty good veterans playing back there, so, who knows if coaching was a factor.

Still, he seems to think that Harbaugh is a pretty good coach.

Too bad.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jburghfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2008 at 09:15 »

but I trust that Ozzie Newsome and Biscut left no stone unturned before deciding to name him Head Coach.

That and Jason Garrett left them standing at the alter.........
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2008 at 13:46 »

That and Jason Garrett left them standing at the alter.........
I don't think they ever even made it to the church. Garrett was just using the Birdies to up his deal with the Cowgirls.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
PittsburghPA
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 02:54 »

Wow, you know you're desperate for answers at QB when you coax Jim Harbaugh out of retirement.

Q: What's the difference between "hard" and "light"?
A: You can sleep with a light on.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: