Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 09:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The turf issue  (Read 1103 times)
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2008 at 08:10 »

It is only the championship round, problem is there are 4 divisions in the WPIAL and they all play on the same day.  Sometimes (I think this was the case this year, not sure though) Pitt plays on a Thursday night, 4 High School games on Saturday and the Steelers on Sunday. 

They should consider splitting the championship games to 2 Friday night, 2 Saturday.  At least give some time for maintenance.
The weeks of the HS games are pretty much cast in stone.  They have to fall in the same time frame every year, after the High School regular season & during a certain part of the state tourney.  They don't sneak up on anybody.

Simplest solution:  The Steelers & Panthers both schedule road games and/or bye weeks for two weeks during that time frame.  They'd still be able to have the same number of home games,... just not during WPIAL weekend.  The field would have time for maintenance & recovery.
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008 at 08:12 by KeystoneKC » Logged

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2008 at 08:31 »

Maybe the solution is to find alternate sites for HS games?  Would the field be as torn up if it were just Pitt and the Stillers?
I have a solution.

Have all of the WPIAL teams play in the PARKING LOT of Heinz Field.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
calig23
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2008 at 12:30 »

It is only the championship round, problem is there are 4 divisions in the WPIAL and they all play on the same day.  Sometimes (I think this was the case this year, not sure though) Pitt plays on a Thursday night, 4 High School games on Saturday and the Steelers on Sunday. 

They should consider splitting the championship games to 2 Friday night, 2 Saturday.  At least give some time for maintenance.
The weeks of the HS games are pretty much cast in stone.  They have to fall in the same time frame every year, after the High School regular season & during a certain part of the state tourney.  They don't sneak up on anybody.

Simplest solution:  The Steelers & Panthers both schedule road games and/or bye weeks for two weeks during that time frame.  They'd still be able to have the same number of home games,... just not during WPIAL weekend.  The field would have time for maintenance & recovery.
Bingo.

It was ludicrous that both Pitt and the Steelers had home games scheduled for that weekend. Some people had some serious brain farts there.

"It's easy to sit at home and stuff burritos into your mouth until you're about to explode." - Stan Savran on Mark Madden.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: