Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 13:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben wants Randy Moss??  (Read 1652 times)
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 18:30 »

Dude.

That was beautiful.

I couldn't agree more.  And I love Hines.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2008 at 11:19 »

Hines Ward didn't have a problem trying to play GM after the playoff game when he made his emotional plea to the front office to re-sign Alan Faneca.

I'm still not sure what Roethlisberger said that was so awful. The only problem I have is that he asked for any Wide Receiver before a couple of tackles, a guard or two, and a center.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008 at 11:20 by DoctorJohnnyFever » Logged

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2008 at 11:51 »

Dude.

That was beautiful.

I couldn't agree more.  And I love Hines.
Ditto, Y2J.  Ditto.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2008 at 12:38 »

My only point is this:  That Ben has to realize the media will twist his words to create an issue.  He has to recognize that before he says something.

At the same time, Hines has been around long enough to realize the same thing.  So, before you let your thong start riding up too high, talk to Ben and find out what he said/meant.

I don't think that Ben said anything that awful, I just think that both of these guys need to think about who they're dealing with and use their "media" voice.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
PittsburghPA
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 01:16 »

Anyone else think Hines Ward's days in Pittsburgh are numbered, being a Cowher guy and all?

Q: What's the difference between "hard" and "light"?
A: You can sleep with a light on.
padgfrombf

« Reply #15 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 09:19 »

No, when the PS gave Hines that contract extension, that pretty much said that Ward will be here for the duration.

Ward's (like Faneca) is no stranger to whimpering to the press.  His current comments are no better or worse than the crap when Holmes was drafted.  Hines carped about how the PS continually drafted R1 WR's during his entire career.  OTOH, like Faneca, Ward has never let that affect his play on the field or practice.

That said, I have to think that BBR's comments are directed not so much at Hines or Santonio, but at the rest of the WR corps from Nate Washington on down.  They all seem to be 5-10, 185# (Reid, Wilson) or short wingspans (Washington is listed as 6-1, but you wouldn't know it).  And there as Randle El and   That requires a lot of accuracy on out patterns and such.

In 2005, Quincy Morgan and Walter Young were on the roster.  Granted, they weren't the best talent on the field, but you had the option of fades and other goal line stuff with those types on your bench.
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008 at 09:21 by padgfrombf » Logged
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 12:52 »

The best approach in this sitch is to just keep your hole shut.  There is zero benefit to airing this publicly.  None.
To reiterate and honestly, it was really my main point.  Unfortunately, I think it might've kinda got lost amongst all of my other tongue-in-cheek comments.

Certain team matters, particularly personnel matters, shouldn't be lobbied for through the media.  It only makes things worse.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: