Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 04:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obtaining the rights to Pacman  (Read 2085 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 12:50 »

Media always reports that he has been arrested 10+ times. What they don't report is that more than half the cases associated with those arrests have been tossed out and that, further, accusers from whom many of the arrests stem have lambasted by judges for abusing the court system and trying to extort Pacman with out-of-court settlements. The remaining cases are either minor infractions (drunk in public - like none of us have ever been that) or are pending.

And, I saw your list of the subsequent actions on the rap sheet.  I saw where you said your brother worked with/for/ whatever, and he allegedly knew what went down at the nightclub (same brother I presume? ).  I know nothing about Pac Man other than what has been reported, so everything I say is based on secondhand info.  

However, I think you can sum up the guy's character fairly easily.  How many times have you been arrested?  Even if you're acquitted/charges dropped/take a plea virtually every time, at some point before you hit double digits you have to be able to take a good, long, look in the mirror and think "what the hell am I doing with my life?  Something is obviously wrong here; what can I do to fix it?"  There is no indication that Pac Man has ever done that.  I don't care what the results of that many charges are, I highly doubt the police have come and rousted him out of bed at 2 AM to drag him down to the precinct just for the hell of it - 10+ times.

Thanks, but no thanks on him ever wearing Black and Gold.
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #31 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 15:29 »

no thanks :jerkit:  

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 18:00 »

July 13, 2005-
August 25, 2006- Arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after being ordered by the cops to leave a Murfreesboro night club several times. Jones claimed a woman stole his wallet. The woman claimed that Jones spat on her. The judge in the case gave Pacman six months probation and told him to stay away from the club.

Aug. 25 - My memory about this one is foggy, so I don't want to make an incorrect statement.

If my memory serves me correctly, it turned out that someone really had taken Pac's wallet.  I don't blame him for being pissed, and, again, if memory serves, it was disputed by others whether Pac had really spat on the chick.

Still, it is almost funny how a guy continues to frequent night clubs, when all that happens is he gets into more and more altercations.

Think it's time to hang up those shiny shirts, quit hanging at clubs, and, I don't know, join a bowling league or something.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #33 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 20:57 »

Think it's time to hang up those shiny shirts, quit hanging at clubs, and, I don't know, join a bowling league or something.
And we know how hot the chicks are at the local bowling alley.  Plus, you actually have a chance to drag one outta there.  

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 22:29 »

In fact, I met this Gaddy guy while bowling w/ Pac and others more than a year and a half ago.

This is a grown man that walks around and allows people to call him "Pacman". Fercrissakes. Not as easy as you might think sitting him down, letting him take a break and answer to "Do you realize how silly you seem?"
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2008 at 22:33 by Y2Joyce » Logged

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Feb 16, 2008 at 01:49 »

Plus, to dispute an earlier football related note, he does get beat deep when he's actually cleared to play.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: