Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 00:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heinz Field still grass.  (Read 1171 times)
PittsburghPA
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 13:51 »

Why not two grass surfaces? One for the high schools/Pitt, and the other for the Steelers? We could wheel the turf for the non-pros into the stadium, Arizona Cardinals style. Just an idea.

Q: What's the difference between "hard" and "light"?
A: You can sleep with a light on.
padgfrombf

« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 02:23 »

Again, the only reason why I prefer FieldTurf over the current DD system is because of the amount of play the field gets.

If Pittsburgh treated their field with the same reverance that the Packers did and allowed nobody to play on it, I'd be completely cool with a 100%, home grown grass surface.  Ideally, that's the way the game should be played.

Limit non-Steeler use and get a better tarp/coverage system for foul weather and they're golden.  Neither one will happen though.
I think that's the essential point, aj.  There's only so much you can do with the Pitt games, but the PS knows when the WPIAL is going to have their playoff games.  They certainly can request that there not be a home game that weekend.  It's not unusual; heck, the Giants and Jets obviously coordinate schedules, also Oakland and SF rarely have a common home date.  So it's certainly possible to accomodate the Steelers for one game.  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: