Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 20, 2014 at 13:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben & the Pro Bowl  (Read 987 times)
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2008 at 19:11 »

Touche', Vinman.

Ben was in for two drives. I am fairly certain he was perfect on the first one and eventually connected for a TD to TJ Housh. The second, and final, drive he was scrambling more. Threw at least one ball away. Had a nice long run that was probably close to 20 yards. Ended up in a successful Bironas FG. 5 for 9 Passing total.

Anderson played a ton and didn't look too great. He didn't play terribly but I hardly remember him doing anything good and he played a TON.

It was a shock seeing the opening kickoff. Josh Cribbs was the return man sitting back and it was kind of a trip to see a Browns helmet on someone in a Pro Bowl jersey. It was even more weird to see the last few drives with Anderson as the QB, Edwards and Cribbs as two of the WRs, and Winslow as the TE. Joe Thomas at tackle too. That of course was mostly in the fourth quarter when the NFC came from behind to win.

Just an aside: Ben had finished his two drives well and Fox came back from a commercial (and the AFC taking over) and showed a sideline interview with Derek Anderson. He's answering questions in the split screen and some guy in a Browns helmet is under center. I about freaked out and told my friends someone mustve stolen Ben's helmet as a gag and that he had to borrow Andersons! I was pissed as all hell. Then the play goes and ends and it is apparent that the interview was taped during the break and I needed to calm down and start taking medication with my alcohol.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: