Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 23:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obtaining the rights to Pacman  (Read 2387 times)
TwistedLemon

« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:16 »

As a fan of WVU, and an admirer of "Pacman's" skills, ability, and unlived potential, I say..........don't want him.

Granted he has basically been charged with "starting a fight" and was suspended for the year.  I agree with  :tits: Clay, punishment issued does not seem to fit the crime, especially when compaired to others in the league (See Ratbirds and BeenGals).

Just seems to regularly put himself in the "wrong place" and the "wrong time".  After so many "issues" to be put into question, why continue to put yourself out there where "issues" can more commonly happen?

Skills are there.....common sence is very questionable....perha ps inhaled to many couch fumes.......

"My reality check bounced"
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:42 »

As long as the Rooney family owns this franchise, Pacman Jones will never play here.  Not that there's anything so wrong with shooting and paralyzing someone, it's just they're fussbudgets about character.  How quaint, huh?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:51 »

He's terribly talented, and I think, has been a little screwed by Goodell.
I'm not sure the punishment fits the crimes, in his case, especially when compared with, oh let's say...Ray Lewis.

Not to be critical but didn't he and his "posse" leave a strip club bouncer paralyzed after one of their nights out?
Not. At. All.

My bro was there and gave me the play-by-play. At first I didn't necessarily believe his story, but when the strip club's owner (Robert Susnar) started changing his story to one that was exactly in line with what my bro told me, I figured it to be the truth.

Some common errors in the early reporting that were later corroborated (sp?) by Susnar:

- Pacman was not the only one "making it rain." In fact, the initial figures that were thrown out were that Pacman was showering ladies with $81K. Not true. He only had $3K while Nelly and Jermaine Dupree had the remaining $78K. No one mentions Nelly and Dupree's role. Weird. Susnar later recanted his initial story that Pacman had $81K because he "didn't want to see a thug recover any more money than he deserved" (the amount of money in question had been stolen and found in a Las Vegas hotel safe that was occupied by one of the dudes from Harlem Knights, a Houston-based promo group that brought the strippers to the Minxxx that night), saying that Pacman only had about $3K (the dollar amount that my bro told me he had no less than a few hours after the incident was reported).

- Robert Susnar claimed to have witnessed the whole thing then later said he wasn't there.

- Susnar claimed that security cameras recorded the alleged transgression. It was later determined that the security cameras were not on or were not working properly (and had not been for a while), so that is bogus.

Let me be clear: Neither Pacman nor his friends had anything to do with a guy being paralyzed from a gunshot wound in Las Vegas. After thousands - I repeat - thousands - of hours investigating the case, the LVPD could not only not find any evidence linking him to the shooting, they could only get him to plead no contest (an even lesser plea than guilty) to - brace yourself for the following ridiculousness - "conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct."

In other words, if you tell a buddy to go into a courtroom and start screaming, you're even worse than Pacman because you are GUILTY of conspiring to commit disorderly conduct.  

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 12:11 »

Yeah, and OJ was found not guilty, too.  Funny what money gets ya from the criminal justice system.  

I wouldn't take PacMan if we walked across Lake Erie and fed Heinz field using 5 loaves and 5 fishes.  

Call me funny that way, but I'm not one of those guys who can't see any fire when there's a preponderance of smoke.

Joetorious

« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 12:22 »

It's not even the same situation as OJ. Not even close. OJ was clearly guilty based on mountains of circumstantial and physical/technical evidence.

There is no such evidence in this case - or any case, re: Pacman, to be quite honest.

I would not take up for Pacman if I thought he was the slightest bit guilty...of this or anything he's been accused of. If I thought he was "getting off" of charges based on technicalities (see: OJ's 1 in 1 trillion odds that the DNA could have matched someone else's and that person might have been in LA at the time), I would say fuck him, he's a piece of shit. But, while he's no saint, guys like you have been mislead by erroneous and flat-out shitty reporting.

Further, it is not money. 1) Pacman doesn't like to part with money and sure as shit won't do it if he knows he's in the right. 2) Pacman doesn't have a lot of liquid cash. His loot (what little is most likely left at this point) is tied up homes (3), vehicles (eight or something), legal fees (who knows how much?) and daily living.  

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 14:24 »

How the fuck do you know the absolute truth here?  That I've been misled?  Your scenario proves nothing.  They may not have enough to convict Pac or his posse on the shooting, but that doesn't mean it wasn't one of them.  I know you're 100% for the guy, bully for you.  I think he's a POS and want nothing to do with him.  So fuck him.  

And the Rooneys will never want anything to do with him either, more to the point.  So whatever.

Joetorious

« Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 14:39 »

As I stated earlier, I know it's the truth because my brother was there. His story was corroborated by what the strip club owner later said.

Indeed, you have been mislead. Sorry. This is because Pacman did not hire the right agents and communications people to clarify misinformation that was printed/aired.  

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 14:47 »

As I stated earlier, I know it's the truth because my brother was there. His story was corroborated by what the strip club owner later said.

Indeed, you have been mislead. Sorry. This is because Pacman did not hire the right agents and communications people to clarify misinformation that was printed/aired.
I don't know you.  I don't know your brother.

'Scuse me if I'm just a bit sceptical that this is all some misunderstanding of poor maligned Adam Jones.

Joetorious

« Reply #18 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 15:31 »

I know you don't my brother or me. I understand that you're skeptical. All I'm saying is that for those who don't think he would be a good fit for the Steelers because of (cliche alert) character issues, he's not nearly as bad of a guy as has been portrayed.

Media always reports that he has been arrested 10+ times. What they don't report is that more than half the cases associated with those arrests have been tossed out and that, further, accusers from whom many of the arrests stem have lambasted by judges for abusing the court system and trying to extort Pacman with out-of-court settlements. The remaining cases are either minor infractions (drunk in public - like none of us have ever been that) or are pending.

Is he a saint? No. Could he be more proactive in rehabilitating his reputation? Yes. Is he a gifted athlete and football player that would be an asset to the Steelers? IMO, certainly.

I have nothing to gain from hyping him. He doesn't pay my brother or me (though if he had paid me from the time I first started to give him some advice that basically refused, perhaps there would be a lot fewer naysayers, but I digress). I just think he would help the Steelers tremendously and with a restructured contract, would be a bargain.  

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 16:23 »

IMO, the only way to 'make it rain' on the ladies, is Peter North style.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: