Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 12:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ed Bouchette on FSN  (Read 752 times)
schnoah

« on: Mar 03, 2008 at 17:49 »

He just said that the Steelers are only 1M or so under the Cap after the Moore and Ben contracts today... i really dont think that is right... cause we were almost 19 under, and 12 if you include the Max tender... so i really dont know where he is getting his numbers... anyone else agree with me?  

Here We Go Steelers!!!!  
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 18:00 »

I was wondering that myself. Plus he added that the Steelers were 31st in the NFL in terms of cap space. That seems off as well, as several teams were over the cap at season's end. Maybe since the cuts, they are now under. I find it hard to believe that the Steelers are 31st though.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
schnoah

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 18:10 »

www.steelerssalarycap .com

When you look at that page (it doesnt have Ben or Moore's contract.) But it does have Max's tender on there...  So something def. looks off!

Here We Go Steelers!!!!  
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 19:17 »

A couple things:

Don't forget about the 4m in tenders to the RFAs.

Ben's LTBE bonus will be off the books.  I don't know if that saves us anything, factoring his new base salary and bonus.

Guarenteed we rescind the Transition tag.  Find it odd that Max hasn't visited anywhere else in a tackle starved market?  I think we resign him shortly.

If after this and we are still but up against the cap, more moves are on the way.  Restructures or cuts.

schnoah

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 19:38 »

Yea, his LTBE bonus is off the books and then Max will get that recinded... should be even more savings... that alone is 10M

Wilson should be cut soon too!

Here We Go Steelers!!!!  
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 19:50 »

Ed Bouchette and numbers don't mix.  Eddie once tried to figure out a 20% tip on a $64.37 food and bar tab, and wound up leaving a slightly waxy hair comb, three mismatched buttons, a kernel of corn, and several S&H green stamps.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 06:15 »

A guy over at the Trib says that with Ben's new deal, Moore's signing, and factoring in Starks' transition tag $, we're about $2M under.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_555347.html

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 08:03 »

I said that the Starks deal would follow closely on the heels of the Ben deal, and still believe that.  Depending on the deal, we could open up $4M or more in cap space; I'd bet more.  That would put us $6-7M under.  

And we could always ax Ced Wilson.

That would allow us to ink a LB and possibly a safety/DB.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: