Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 19:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Clark  (Read 864 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 15, 2008 at 11:53 »

Slowly working his way back.

Clark lost between 25 and 30 pounds during the ordeal, dropping 10 pounds in the first week and dipping down to about 175 pounds. He is putting the weight back on now, up to around 190, and has a unique way of measuring how far he has come.

I know camp is aways away, but g'damn, is he gonna be ready?  

I don't really like that this is sorta the first update that we've heard about him and it's not exactly glowing.  In this case, I think no news isn't necessarily good news.

Get better fast, Ry.  This team needs ya.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 11:58 »

It's a big question as we consider the draft and FA.  I had heard the spleen was serious enough to be considered career- or even life-threatening.  Always thought Clark played well for us, and I really hope he works his way back.  Not just because we need him, but for him to be healthy again.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 12:02 »

Holy crap.  I had no idea he had all that going on!

I really hope he comes all the way back too.  He hits like a demon.
But I really hope he's healthy again.
My sister had tons of gallbladder trouble before they finally took it out.
Not fun.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 12:26 »

Not just because we need him, but for him to be healthy again.
No doubt.  I certainly meant that as well, but it didn't come out that way when I initially typed it out.  Health and family above all else.

Clark just might be one of the most underrated guys on the team.  His solid safety play allowed Troy to freelance and do his thing.  Rarely OOP; rarely gets beat; solid tackler; and not afraid to earhole anybody coming over the middle.

As the season progressed last year, we saw how much damage an inexperienced safety (Smith v. Patriots) or a slow, average safety (Carter v. Jags - WC) can do to a decent secondary.  Yeah, Polamalu was nicked for a lot of the season too, but I always felt that Clark was more of the secondary QB.  When he went on the shelf, a lot of that unit's cohesion went with him.

Anyway, again, get better, man.  For yourself; your family; the team; and the fans.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 23:53 »

I was putting in a temporary electric service in across from his house.  He came out and met his kid (who rolls in a black SUV) and commented on my Steelers hard hat.  Seemed like a nice guy.  Also worked by Heath Millers house and Tumans.  Out of em all, Tuman has the better shack.  And his wife is fuckin SMOKIN!  He is pretty cordial too.  Stopped and said hi to me and a co-worker a time or two.  Big dude...for a tight end.

Anyway, Clark did shed a few, but still looks pretty fuckin nasty to me folks.  He will be just fine. IMO
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2008 at 23:54 by P4P » Logged

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2008 at 01:44 »

Out of em all, Tuman has the better shack.  And his wife is fuckin SMOKIN!
Glad to hear all those years of telling chicks his name is "Ben Roethlisberger" finally paid off.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 10:07 »

Anyway, again, get better, man. For yourself; your family; the team; and the fans.

Yes, let's not be like Tedy Bruschi (aka Superman) and decide to risk your life.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: