Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 25, 2014 at 16:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kriewaldt, Tuman, Rossum: GONE  (Read 913 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 22, 2008 at 17:06 »

Can understand the first two.  Who we got besides Rossum to field kickoffs?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 17:14 »

Rossum returned a kickoff for a touchdown against the 49ers early in the season but was largely ineffective as a kickoff and punt returner.

Ineffectiveness is so boring.

Bring back the excitement of fumbles on any given kickoff or punt return!
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 19:34 »

So how much do we save on the cap?

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 20:24 »

So how much do we save on the cap?
'Bout three mil.

Dunno why Wilson didn't follow them out the door.  He woulda saved them another 2 mil and change.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
padgfrombf

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 23:03 »

Can understand the first two.  Who we got besides Rossum to field kickoffs?

Wasn't Ced Wilson one of the guys on PR duty when Reid clearly wasn't cutting it?  Wilson's pretty pricey for a #4 receiver who can fair catch punts, though.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 23:09 »

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out........Must...... .Create.......More... ...Cap......Room..... .
sysadmin7

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2008 at 18:44 »

Who we got besides Rossum to field kickoffs?

Well, let's see here...we got Jeremy Bloom (who else do you want, really?) and probably some rook.

I say we just resign M. Smith, K. Simmons and a few other suckass O-lineman and call it a year. Just phone it in Colbert, what the hell. I'm sure we could also find a few other spectacular O-lineman like S. Mahan while we are at, throw a few mill at 'em for shits and giggles and say "doesn't matter who we pickup in Free Agency, it's like gold for us!"
Give Ike Taylor a few more mill for his shitty play while we are at it. Throw it all down the F'n drain Colbert, what the @#$*(@#$*(@#*%(@*%#@#%&*@%#*@#%

LINUX = FREEDOM
dcity21

« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2008 at 00:32 »

Who we got besides Rossum to field kickoffs?

Well, let's see here...we got Jeremy Bloom (who else do you want, really?) and probably some rook.

I say we just resign M. Smith, K. Simmons and a few other suckass O-lineman and call it a year. Just phone it in Colbert, what the hell. I'm sure we could also find a few other spectacular O-lineman like S. Mahan while we are at, throw a few mill at 'em for shits and giggles and say "doesn't matter who we pickup in Free Agency, it's like gold for us!"
Give Ike Taylor a few more mill for his shitty play while we are at it. Throw it all down the F'n drain Colbert, what the @#$*(@#$*(@#*%(@*%#@#%&*@%#*@#%
haha...

Ooooook! I was alright to let everything slide til the unfounded bashing of Ike, who IMO was VERY VERY good this year.. IMO Ike was a huge reason why our pass defense was so efficient most of the year.. I think he can just flat out play with almost any WR in the league. Minus he fade route in the end zone.. but i don't even recall him getting torched much that was this year..

Ike is well worth the money we spent on him.. he could easily be making a lot more somewhere else if he was FA right now..

Mahan though? i'm not sure i even liked that signing when it happened.. He CANNOT be our C next year.. Maybe try him at a G spot cuz he might be good enough to start there, but i doubt it..  

"i don't know Nutting about baseball.. but i know about Nutting over making some cash.." Ownership ROCKS!!!
Ytownsteelfan

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2008 at 08:15 »

Yeah Ike stepped it up big this year.  The only issue I have with Ike is his hands.  Quite honestly though, your most athletic players usually either play WR or DB.  Those that got good hands play WR, those that don't play DB.  I think that Mike Tomlin took the extra time to spend with Ike, and I suspect he will even be better next year.  Quite honestly, if the cap savings is there, Wilson should be gone.  You have Hines, Santonio, and Nate as your top 3.  You have Fowler on the PS.  You have the option of drafting a rook in the later rounds or grabbing a cheap 4 or 5 reciever in FA (at least cheaper than Ced).  So next year, you got Hines, Sanantonio, Nate, Willie Reid, Bloom, Fowler, and a cheap FA/low round rook at the start of camp.  Now with Miller, Spaeth, and Dekker (just added him because he technically is our third TE atm), you have some really great pass catchers in our top 3 of Hines, Santantonio, and Heat, with some nice role players in the rest.  There are very few teams that have more than 2 or 3 solid options anyway.
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2008 at 09:16 »

There are very few teams that have more than 2 or 3 solid options anyway.
I think this was an outstanding post for a lot of reasons, but just focusing on that...

Look at the Indianapolis Colts.  They have two star receivers (just used a first round pick on Gonzalez to play out of the slot) and this past year lost one of the all time greats for most of the season.  Their passing attack didn't really miss a beat.  Reggie Wayne's production went up, Gonzalez stepped up, but the real parallel I see is..

Dallas Clark!

They put a TE in situations that created matchup problems, and they set out to exploit them.  

I'm not sure if I am in the majority or minority on this, but I think Nate sucks.  I think this team can do better than him as a #3 receiver.  I think our #3 receiver should be Heath Miller.  We have two Mackey Award winners on our roster, and I think Heath Miller is capable of doing what Dallas Clark does in Indi.  

You don't need three top WR's.  Two solid WR's and a matchup problem at TE should be all the weapons a franchise QB needs in the passing game.  If the Steelers look to take a WR, it should not be because they are after a good #3 slot receiver, it should be a guy to groom for when Hines is done in 2-3 years.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: