Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 27, 2014 at 06:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything happening?  (Read 741 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Feb 29, 2008 at 10:34 »

So what's up with the FA stuff?  Have we singed Randy Moss yet?

U MARKE MY WURDZ IF WE SING RARDY MARSH ZSUBER BAUWL IZ A LOCKE!

SING MARDY ROSS!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 18:37 »

My sources say that we just signed Yancey.

Big Ben to Thigpen!

cbk_87
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 19:13 »

"anything happening?"
nothing is ever gonna happen cause the steelers allways manage to b 1 or 2 mill under the cap
I think we have the  worst cap people in the NFL
Like what the hell was the 7 million to  starks or the Mahan signing i mean shit they never do anything smart also look at the Browns they got 10 wins last season and they picked up allot of good fagents and ther getting better every year while we just do nothing to improve go figure

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 20:22 »

I think we have the worst cap people in the NFL

Pretty amazing that we make the playoffs damn near every season in spite of them.

Like what the hell was the 7 million to starks

Simply a move to better position ourselves to keep him around. We've lost Faneca outright. Kemoeatu and Essex are RFAs and Max is UFA'd. You subtract four lineman from a cash-strapped team whos line wasnt that great to begin with and you're aiding and abetting chaos. Put Ben "MFN FRANCHISE" Roethlisberger in front of a bunch of rookies or FA bottom-of-the barrel castoffs? No way, Senor Jose. Starks is never going to be a 7-Mil-a-year spare OT. The transition tag simply gives us the option of matching any deal he can cultivate in the FA market. Also it tells him that we do want him around. We can rescind the tag since he hasn't singed yet. We can figure out if we can afford to keep him. Word is that the FO admitted to Starks in his exit interview that they'd "made a mistake" in not entrusted one of the starting tackle positions to him.

the Mahan signing

Indefensible. The guy sucks. Certainly can't play C in this league. Dumbass move. Hopefully we can get someone decent to fill that position and somehow, someway Mahan ends up sucking far less as a reserve OG.

i mean shit they never do anything smart also look at the Browns they got 10 wins last season

We beat the Browns all over the field twice a year. Abused them so many times. That's pretty smart, I'd say. 0-2.

the Browns picked up allot of good fagents and ther getting better every year while we just do nothing to improve go figure

While that statement begins a bit politically incorrectly (and you should expect a press release from Quinn's representation to deny your assertion...despite all the compromising internet pics) I do agree the Browns have a habit of picking up fagents. Or "fags", in keeping with the textual shorthand craze. LOL OMG!

I also agree that the Steelers sit by idly while the Browns make savvy signings like LeCharles Bentley, and Kevin Shaffer, and Jurevicius, and Willie McGinest, and Jamal Lewis, and Stallworth while the Steelers do the same thing every year...and that is: sweeping the Browns 2 and 0. Granted, some games are more exciting than others, but that all depends on if one of their idiot fans feels the need to run on the field and get suplexed by a Pittsburgh LB. The results are always the same.

In closing Fuck the Browns and lay off the drugs, kid.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 21:21 »

Two things I'd like to see the Steelers accomplish via FA.

1) Get a solid veteran WR in here at the expense of Ced.  Trade for Roy Williams??.. I don't know, who is on the FA list after Moss and Berrian?  I would have liked to get Stallworth in here as well.  The problem as I see it is that chances are Hines will come up gimpy again at some point, and possibly Santonio too.  If that happens who do we throw the ball to?  Shame to have an elite QB and no WRs.  

I'm not sold on Nate and Ried yet.

2) Role players for Special teams.  Enough said.  Need a solid nucleus, not to mention a kick returner.

I'm hoping Stapleton is the real deal and Mahan can back up any one of the three interior positions.

Draft heavy on OL and DL to plug those holes...  I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Marvel will probably walk via FA next year.  R1 tackle for grooming this year.

R2 probably DL.

The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 08:54 »

"anything happening?"
nothing is ever gonna happen cause the steelers allways manage to b 1 or 2 mill under the cap
I think we have the  worst cap people in the NFL
Like what the hell was the 7 million to  starks or the Mahan signing i mean shit they never do anything smart also look at the Browns they got 10 wins last season and they picked up allot of good fagents and ther getting better every year while we just do nothing to improve go figure
The Brown's signed some ok guys that MIGHT help a little next year, but they don't have a pick in the 1st 3 rnds.  That my friend will make them bad for years to come!  

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 09:25 »

That's pretty bad when you start yearning to be like the Browns.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: