Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 02, 2014 at 06:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're not doing enough  (Read 656 times)
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« on: Mar 02, 2008 at 11:45 »

I truly feel that the steelheads are not doing enough to be championship contenders let alone division contenders....

Teams like the Browns, Jags, and Jets are making moves to improve and yet with the shit poor line we have we just sit, only to loose our best o-lineman to make our line THE WORST IN THE WORLD (Yes our line would get dominated by a CFL d-line) ok, im done with my rant

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
Ytownsteelfan

« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 13:12 »

The Browns signed a few overpriced overhyped vets.  Besides the Pats last year, what other teams that have made big splashes in FA have actually done anything?  If you look at the teams that are the most consistent winners, they develop their talent from within.  As far as Faneca goes, the last contract he recieved from the Steelers made him the highest paid OL at the time.  As a 31 year old vet, you can not expect that again.  I am glad for Faneca with the contract he got from the Jets, but I am glad the Steelers were not the ones paying that.  Look at the teams that made the big splashes in FA this year.  The Browns, the Raiders, the Bucs, the 49ers... if you go back a few years, the Skins have always seemed to overspend in FA, where has it gotten them?  I am glad the Steelers are not overspending in FA, they never have, and they never will, but yet they have one of the highest winning percentages, they are tied for first with 5 superbowls.  Don't worry about the Steelers lack of activity in FA, it always works out (exception Mahan).
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 14:06 »

And things have changed from recent years?

These are the same complaints we had last year, the year before, the year before that, etc.

If anything, FA isn't the way to go.  Tell me what Jacques Reeves has ever done to deserve a 5/$20M contract?  Tell me that you knew who he was prior to yesterday.

Free agency is ridiculous.  And while it may not be fun to sit and watch everyone else shell out for new guys, I think the Browns are setting themselves up for trouble down the road.  

The Browns probably have improved and will definitely be the favorite for the AFCN crown.

Though, last year the Ravens were the preseason favorite.  Injuries can kill a productive off-season in a hurry.

I've got no problem with the Steelers standing still during FA.  It's just ridiculous out there.  What has Bernard Berrian done?

Go to the draft and make FA signings during the late summer cuts, when the demand is less and prices are lower.  

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
PittsburghPA
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 14:43 »

I truly feel that the steelheads are not doing enough to be championship contenders let alone division contenders....

Teams like the Browns, Jags, and Jets are making moves to improve and yet with the shit poor line we have we just sit, only to loose our best o-lineman to make our line THE WORST IN THE WORLD (Yes our line would get dominated by a CFL d-line) ok, im done with my rant
Au contraire. We're doing plenty. We're in the process of locking up our franchise QB.

Q: What's the difference between "hard" and "light"?
A: You can sleep with a light on.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 17:26 »

SING CAREAR BAK-UPS TO RECKERD BRAKING CONTRAKS <<<<CHEEP AZZ RUNEYS!!11>>
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2008 at 17:27 by give'emthaboot » Logged

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 19:26 »

The Browns probably have improved and will definitely be the favorite for the AFCN crown.

I agree, and we'll have to sit through a month and a half of people talking about their pro-bowl quarterback and aggresive approach to free agency.  And the talent of Hellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards, und so weiter und so forth.

Then it'll be week 8, Cleveland will sit at 3-4 and the news that Edwards and Winslow actually are made of papier mache will hit the headlines.  Anderson will still have a TD-to-INT ratio of 1:1, and, in a word, they will still suck.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 21:41 »

I wouldn't mind giving Bryant Johnson a look berfore Buffalo locks him up.  

Presuming Moss stays with NE, he's the only other FA WR left I wouldn't mind seeing in Black and Gold.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: