Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 05:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor  (Read 1488 times)
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 18:23 »

Wilson would be a better CB than anyone but McFadden I say. I think our CBs kind of suck beyond him. Ike is serviceable but isn't worth the money. Townsend stinks. I highly doubt that's their move though.

Please please someone convince Randy Moss to come to the Steelers. Hey we have Ben and, quite unfortunately, we are close to WVa. So long as he leaves New England I will be thrilled.

But if he becomes a Steeler I will need some days off of work so I can celebrate fittingly.

Why in the hell would they want Turner (the Burner)? What would he add exactly?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 18:37 »

I just hope the Steelers at least made/make an offer to Moss; historically, they tend to pass on guys like that for "character issues" alone.

But I think this year Moss showed that if he has a stable core around him, he can keep himself mostly in line.

Still, Moss may not be as effective at getting downfield for us if Ben is on his back 3 seconds into a play.  We really need to beef up our O-line at somepoint here.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 19:10 »

SING RANDEE MUSS!!1

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 19:25 »

IMO, Moss is the only guy available since FA started that is worth throwing a ton of coin at.  

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 07:34 »

lol...Randy Moss in black and gold?  Uh, I'm not seeing it...in fact, I'm shocked that anyone thought enough of the idea to even put it in print!!!
In fairness it is the Boston media so...  

PUMA
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 07:54 »

Interesting bit on E. Wilson visiting.  I really liked him as an Illini, and IIRC he played CB there primarily.  Could be Tomlin's looking for a utility DB who can move Carter out; I'd assume Carter, Clark and Wilson would all be in camp, and if Clark can cut it, then cut Carter.  Wilson would be better in the short area pass D, and could fill in as needed at S.

That's one signing I think would make a LOT of sense.

As for Moss, well, I agree that he's shown something.  And if the Ben deal gets done, the Starks deal ain't far behind, and suddenly we're back on the FA market.  I know I've been ambivalent about Moss ever coming here, but if we could ink him?  Holy crap.  I think it's a long shot, but I hope we make a play for him.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 08:39 »

ESPN reports the signing of Mewelde Moore is imminent.  Weird...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 10:38 »

Folks, forget Moss.  

I'd take him in a blink, but if it were about just "going to a winner," he wouldn't be leaving N'ngland.  He took a discount to play last year; proved he's still the shit; and is looking for that last big contract.  Dallas ain't gonna do it, neither is GB or Indy or Pitt and I don't think the Patriots can really afford to step up to the plate either.  Really, there's only a few teams that are considered contenders and have the kind of cap space to accomodate a big contract.  I'd put SD at the top of that short list, but it doesn't appear that Smith is lookin' to make that kind of move.

Anyway, unless a contending team can fork over something like a 10 million per deal with a bunch in guarantees, he will probably end up back in NE for a decent offer.  If he can't get paid, and I mean, really paid, I'm sure he'll settle for a modest deal with a very good chance at playing deep into January.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 11:44 »

New England's done.  Sorry ass bitch losers.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: