Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 13:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bengals Are Awesome  (Read 1531 times)
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« on: Mar 03, 2008 at 16:41 »

Last week, they thought they had acquired Shaun Rogers. Then they didn't. Then he went to Cleveland (bad trade for the Browns, by the way). Today, it appeared they had acquired Dewayne Robertson from the Jets.

Then they didn't.

From PFT:

ROBERTSON DEAL ISN'T HAPPENING

For the second time since Friday, a deal that the Bengals thought they'd make to upgrade a subpar defense has fallen apart.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that the trade between the Jets and the Bengals for New York defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson is off.

The sticking point was Cincy's insistence that Robertson re-do a contract that is set to pay him $9.8 million in 2008.  Unless and until the Jets find a team for whom Robertson is willing to take a haircut, the likelihood is that Robertson eventually will be cut before a $3 million roster bonus comes due in June.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 17:14 »

That is a discrimination suit waiting to happen. Troy Polamalu plays just fine while looking like a biblical Hawaiian hippie out there.

Why would they make Robertson take a haircut?

F'n PFT.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 19:47 »

I'd send Travis Kirschke to 'em for a first and a third, and Marv Lewis's dog Spud.  In exchange, Kirschke shall wear a Prince Valiant hairdo for the duration of the contract, and speak in a lisp.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 21:16 »

I'd send Travis Kirschke to 'em for a first and a third, and Marv Lewis's dog Spud. In exchange, Kirschke shall wear a Prince Valiant hairdo for the duration of the contract, and speak in a lisp.

I am tearing up. Not because I've got some Kirsch fetish and 'ould hate to see him go. But because that's the funniest shit I've read in a long time.

And I still may go for it.

calig23
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2008 at 19:32 »

Speaking of the Bengals...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_exper...F?urn=nfl,70610

"It's easy to sit at home and stuff burritos into your mouth until you're about to explode." - Stan Savran on Mark Madden.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2008 at 23:59 »

I love how pft is trying to spin this into "vindication".  If you throw fifty turds on a wall, one of them's bound to stick.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2008 at 22:26 »

PAY ATTENTION TO ME PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME PAY ATTENTION TO ME !!!!!!!!!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME PAY ATTENTION TO ME !! PAY ATTENTION TO ME PAY ATTENTION TO ME !!!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

times ten thousand

-PFT

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 11:10 »

I love how pft is trying to spin this into "vindication". If you throw fifty turds on a wall, one of them's bound to stick.

Nice one, penso!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 11:44 »

I love how pft is trying to spin this into "vindication". If you throw fifty turds on a wall, one of them's bound to stick.

Nice one, penso!
Pens found this out through dedicated trail and error.  But in the end, he was left with the conundrum of what to do with the other 30 turds he had in the bag, ready to throw.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 12:13 »

But in the end, he was left with the conundrum of what to do with the other 30 turds he had in the bag, ready to throw.
Guess that 'splains the weird PM he sent me last week where he babbled on about waking up on a farm; naked from the waist down; covered in syrup and feathers with his stomach and thighs completely covered in bruises.

I couldn't put together all the "Jackpot!" and "those bastard kids are gonna pay" ramblin's, but now they make perfect sense.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: