Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 07:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hadnot  (Read 1283 times)
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Mar 05, 2008 at 12:18 »

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08065/862610-66.stm

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 12:47 »

:willnot:
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 12:51 »

:shouldnot:

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 12:55 »

I thought they'd address center first, and then Mahan would be the primary back up for the guards.

Guess not.

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 12:58 »

Lets get a guy from a 1-15 team. Thats sounds like a great idea.... CHEEP ASS ROMNIES1!!1!!
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 12:59 »

Maybe this means Mahan is completely gone?

Might the FO be considering a complete dismissal of Mahan?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 13:08 »

I guess its possible. I didn't think it made sense to release him this year and have three years of dead money on the cap.  His base salary isn't too terrible especially if he is a primary back-up.

Next year would be much better for the cap as base salary increases and we'd have only two years of dead money.
ajv148

« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 13:24 »

Hadnot is listed as OC, FWIW.

From Scouts Inc, who I don't find entirely credible, but its something...

Hadnot is a three-year veteran with good athletic ability for his size and position. He is a short, thickly-built player that has above average functional strength. He has enough power to stalemate larger interior defenders at the line of scrimmage. He can bend well but is inconsistent to anchor effectively versus explosive bull rushers. He is a steady effort player that can punch and wall off defenders but is not physically imposing. He uses his hands well and works his feet and body to gain leverage inside. Hadnot can snap and step well to make effective combo blocks but is not a dominant player. He has a good feel for the game as he is aware and reacts well to stunts and twists. He can slam and chip up to linebackers effectively and can make blocks on the second level. He is effective to mirror in a confined area in pass protection. He can pull and get on track to make blocks on the perimeter. Hadnot is a solid football player who is valuable because he is intelligent and versatile. He can be a productive player at guard or center.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 13:33 »

Rex Hadnot, a 6-2, 325-pound starting guard from the Miami Dolphins

EOD?

The Steelers have a dire need at guard after the loss of Alan Faneca to the New York Jets in free agency. Chris Kemoeatu will replace Faneca at left guard; Kendall Simmons starts at right guard but there's no other experienced guard on their roster.[/b]

Um, Willie Colon?  Sean Mahan?

I guess the "experienced" part might exclude them, but he makes it sound like there's those two and that's it.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 13:34 »

Oh ok then it makes more sense.  

Problem is, if he signs for center, I'd presume he'd be the starter due to salary alone.  I thought we were pretty high on Stapleton.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: