Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 00:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hadnot  (Read 1222 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 14:07 »

He's a guy who's had experience at both spots, actually.  

My gut says this is bad news for Sean Mahan.  Tomlin could keep Mahan in camp and see what happens, but IMO they still are high on Stapleton, but want a better insurance policy.  Probably not too keen on shooting for one or two prime centers in the draft, in what appears to be a weak class:  Pollak would probably require a trade-up from 2.55, and we can't lose more picks.  So we're looking at free agents to remove draft day variables.  

If they do retain Mahan as an OG, we'd have Simmons, Kemo if he extends, Colon if he moves inside, and Mahan.  If not, they clear a little over $2M in cap space.  

For that kind of money, I'd consider signing Hadnot and still looking at centers late in the draft, or seeing if any UDFAs float in.  

Well, in any case, options present that were not there before, which is a good thing.  Better too many than too few.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 20:00 »

kffl.com, in their report about Hadnot leaving the Texans w/o a contract, suggest that Hadnot wants $5M/yr.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 20:35 »

kffl.com, in their report about Hadnot leaving the Texans w/o a contract, suggest that Hadnot wants $5M/yr.

I would not, could not for $5M/yr.

I would not, could not pull that out my rear.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 23:42 »

That was quick.  Guess we had nothing.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08066/862838-66.stm

Draft day is going to be fun.  If Stapleton isn't the answer at center, R1 center and we try awfully hard to resign Starks?

If Stapleton is the answer at center and Starks is signed (I presume Marvel's out of here in 09' then) and Colon is the coaches choice to stay at RT...

R1 DL/WR???
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2008 at 23:43 by DCSteelers » Logged
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 08:53 »

If Stapleton is the answer at center and Starks is signed (I presume Marvel's out of here in 09' then) and Colon is the coaches choice to stay at RT...

Too many "ifs" there.  I still say we need to load up on DL/OL, if we can get value in any round.

White--whom I know nothing about--would seem to be a possibility.  He'd surely come much cheaper than a starting guard.  Plus, we're probably going through all these in hopes that a few of these guys are hanging around later in the summer, after some June 1 cuts and restructures.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 11:47 »

I don't know, I have a feeling that whatever OL "talent" is left at the end of the cuts won't be very talented.

I think we might be better finding an aged DL after the cuts. At least someone who could contribute.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 12:46 »

I don't know, I have a feeling that whatever OL "talent" is left at the end of the cuts won't be very talented.

Let me rephrase.  What I mean is that WE would make some cuts/restructures, and hope that someone with value (like Hadnot) is still around.  No, I don't think we'll be waiting to pick up someone else's June 1 leftovers.  Just thinking that we may be able to make some cap room by then.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: