Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 27, 2014 at 10:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another S Visits the Steelers  (Read 1239 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 06, 2008 at 11:36 »

Chris Crocker, former Falcon and Brown.  Can't say I know much about him.

But it does seem to indicate we're looking pretty seriously at safeties.

Either Ty Carter is on the hot seat, or Ryan Clark is still seriously fucked up.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 12:49 »

Either Ty Carter is on the hot seat, or Ryan Clark is still seriously fucked up.

Or both.  I much prefer the former to the latter.

Is Nakia Cody still hanging around anywhere?

<<SING NADIA CODAMECHE>>

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 13:17 »

Crocker went to Marshall, and was a stud in college.  Drafted by the brownies in I want to say the 3rd or 4th round.  Played last year in Hotlanta, and then was either released or only had a one year contract.  I don't know...I've been wanting a Marshall player on our roster since I went to school there, but I want someone who could be a stud.  Not sure if Crocker is the guy or not...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 13:45 »

Or both.  I much prefer the former to the latter.

My fear as well...

I wish that Anthony Smith hadn't turned out to be such a douche.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 14:12 »

I've been wanting a Marshall player on our roster since I went to school there

A Thundering Turd...oh, sorry...HERD  ;)  grad?  Man, that's painful!

Can't be a big Marshall fan, even though my alma mater doesn't play them anymore.  During my playing days, I got a little tired of having beer bottles thrown at me and my water cups spit in.  Not to mention broken glass under my tires, stuff thrown at the team bus, etc.  I'm just sensitive like that!   oo)

Love their spirit, though.  We could never come close to equaling that kind of passion or devotion.

Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 14:18 »

A Thundering Turd...oh, sorry...HERD  ;)  grad?  Man, that's painful!

Can't be a big Marshall fan, even though my alma mater doesn't play them anymore.  During my playing days, I got a little tired of having beer bottles thrown at me and my water cups spit in.  Not to mention broken glass under my tires, stuff thrown at the team bus, etc.  I'm just sensitive like that!   oo)

Love their spirit, though.  We could never come close to equaling that kind of passion or devotion.
Didn't you mean, Blundering Turd?

Odd that you say that, Preach. Their fans - and I'm not talking about Bleedgreen - always talk shit about WVU fans using the same antics you described...glass houses, I guess.
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2008 at 14:19 by SteelerFanInVa » Logged

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 15:35 »

Crocker was a third round pick for the Brownstains.  Like I said, he's never distinguished himself in my memory.  

If we're looking for someone to come in and compete for the starting job -- as in, the Ryan Clark is still seriously fucked the motherfuck up scenario -- would Crocker really be the guy?

Alternately, if we want a guy who can possibly play some packages, contribute on special teams, and come cheap -- the Ty Carter is on my last nerve! scenario -- then Crocker seems to fit.

Eugene Wilson might be someone we thought we could get on the cheap, since he was hobbled up with some injuries the past few years.  But I could see him trying to parlay that whole bullshit cachet of being a Patriot into Well, I'm freakin' magical, I have Lucky Charms coming outta my ass, you have to pay me a 5 year deal worth $30 million, bitch, and Omar Khan peering out over his smoke-tinted glasses and opening his mouth in a smile full of jagged razor blade teeth, almost like he's ready to wave a fat bejeweled hand towards some murderous lackey waiting in the shadows with the hissed instructions Kill him... and make it hurt!, but instead just laughing in some reptilian growl like gravel in a popcorn maker, and saying Oh we have to pay you that, do we?  Ummm... hummmrrrm hummrrrm haaahhhhrrmmm... I don't think so.  As the shock of recognition that the expected counter-offer won't be forthcoming, Wilson and his agent's silly grins fading in disappointment, Omar leans forward and exhales a filiform tendril of steam, taking an eternity to form his final word. Bitch.

Sorry.  Long, weird, bad day, just needed to coast down an avenue of prose.
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2008 at 15:36 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 18:49 »

SING KRIS CROTCHPOT HE GIV STEALERS INFERMASHUN ON DA BRONS AN WE SPYKIDS DEM!!!!11

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Hercules50!
N00b

« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 23:34 »

Sounds like it's time to send a scout to Russell Stouvaint's semipro games...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2008 at 08:56 »

Sounds like it's time to send a scout to Russell Stouvaint's semipro games...

At least he can play special teams.  Personally, I like Stuvaints better than Ty Carter.

A Thundering Turd...oh, sorry...HERD  grad? Man, that's painful!

Can't be a big Marshall fan, even though my alma mater doesn't play them anymore. During my playing days, I got a little tired of having beer bottles thrown at me and my water cups spit in. Not to mention broken glass under my tires, stuff thrown at the team bus, etc. I'm just sensitive like that! 

Love their spirit, though. We could never come close to equaling that kind of passion or devotion. 

Didn't you mean, Blundering Turd?

Odd that you say that, Preach. Their fans - and I'm not talking about Bleedgreen - always talk shit about WVU fans using the same antics you described...glass houses, I guess.

So apparently, the common denominator here is fans from...what state would that be...WEST VIRGINIA???

Actually, I find it funny that I've only been very nervous in two stadiums in my life, and both of them were from the friggin' SOUTHERN CONFERENCE!  I was scared at Marshall, and I am extremely nervous to scared every time I go to Appalachian State.  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: