Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 26, 2014 at 00:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverback  (Read 2157 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2008 at 22:42 »

Whaddya think Leigh?

Does he need to buy a clicker? Or would a shocker-collar be more appropriate?
Sounds like the shock collar wouldn't work on this one.....

Seriously, I'm disappointed to, though who knows what led to it.
I agree with Finny in that he should've been able to walk away, but having seem my fair share of athlete/girlfriend interactions, the one thing I can say is that women know how to push those buttons.
Doesn't excuse Silverback pulling a Wayne Brady on her, but I'm just wondering what she said/did to provoke the reaction.
Something along the lines of "I fucked your brother and he does things for me you can't possibly do."  Or "I thought I was pregnant but thank god I wasn't.  I would've aborted that thing so fast your head would spin."  Maybe not.  Maybe he's just an abusive asshole. But honestly, does he have a rep or record for this kinda thing?

Having seen the side of these things too often when the woman is wholly in the wrong and fully provokes the guy, I always have questions about what the real story is.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 07:16 »

Doesn't matter what she said. Unless she came after him with a butcher knife or something, he can't hit her.

And, unless she was trying to stab him from behind a locked door...

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 07:40 »

Man, Harrison seemed so mild mannered.

:leftfield:

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 14:09 »

Doesn't matter what she said. Unless she came after him with a butcher knife or something, he can't hit her.

And, unless she was trying to stab him from behind a locked door...

For the most part, I agree.  You gotta walk away.
But I have seen some crazy shit over the course of dealing with athletes.

Not excusing him at all, and not saying there's evidence of it here, but sometimes women can be just as physically violent as men.  Didn't any of you ever see Judith Light beat the crap out of Peter Strauss?

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 15:19 »

For the most part, I agree. You gotta walk away.

Leigh, I appreciate you giving another point of view, but I have to take exception to the "for the most part" section of that comment.  Unless she is actually, immediately, threatening him with life/limb danger, real men don't hit women.  Period.  End of discussion.  Sure as hell don't break down a locked door to do it.

As noted above, extremely disappointing.  Since this is the first time (that we know of) something like this has happened with him, and it's atypical behavior for Steelers players, he may have some room for atonement.  But his future actions will be watched carefully.
dcity21

« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 22:13 »

i will guarentee you that some of my GFs and i have hurt each other worse while play fighting than that slap to her face hurt..

he's stupid, but hell.....

he didn't kill any one..

traffic drugs..

cheat to multiple Super Bowl wins (and fuck anyone that says this isn't true, the NFL has been so fucking shady on this that i've almost lost faith in the Commish's office)..

use illegal subtances..

all of which have happened without a player/coach suffering any REAL consequences.. except Merriman, but he came back and no one even cared that he was a cheater so he didn't get enough IMO..

and if he gets suspended over this i'll go fucking ape shit after the way this spygate thing has gotten swept under the rug..  

"i don't know Nutting about baseball.. but i know about Nutting over making some cash.." Ownership ROCKS!!!
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 22:40 »

Man, Harrison seemed so mild mannered.

:leftfield:
TBH if someone posted an article about an unnamed steeler going apeshit on his woman, he would probably be in the top 5 i would think was involved.  Those quiet dudes are the one you have to look out for.

I think this sums up James Harrisons' bottled up rage best...

First of all to understand what happened to James Harrison, you gotta understand who James Harrison the boyfriend was. Now harrison was born to a three-legged bitch of a mother. He was always ashamed of this, man. And then right after that he's adopted by this man, Tito Liebowitz he's a small time gun runner and a rotweiler fight promoter. So he puts Harrison into dogfight training. They see Harrison is good. He is damn good. But then he had the fight of his life. They pit him against his brother

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 23:13 »

For the most part, I agree. You gotta walk away.

Leigh, I appreciate you giving another point of view, but I have to take exception to the "for the most part" section of that comment.  Unless she is actually, immediately, threatening him with life/limb danger, real men don't hit women.  Period.  End of discussion.  Sure as hell don't break down a locked door to do it.

As noted above, extremely disappointing.  Since this is the first time (that we know of) something like this has happened with him, and it's atypical behavior for Steelers players, he may have some room for atonement.  But his future actions will be watched carefully.
Didn't you watch the Judith Light movie???

Fer chrissakes!!!

I guess I just never like to take newspaper (or police) reports at face value.  
I've found them to be totally untrue in many instances while working in the PD's office.

I'd prefer to hear the whole thing before I make a call on this.

And if he is guilty of all this shit - and stipulating to it in a newspaper article don't make it so...give me the Smoking Gun....then yes, he bears watching.
But given that he's not done this shit before makes me wonder.

That's all I'm saying.  Has he been in trouble like this before? If not, then shouldn't we hear the whole story?

Maybe I'm being too much of an apologist, but it was a newspaper that first reported that Dewey beat Truman....

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 10:42 »

it was a newspaper that first reported that Dewey beat Truman....

Wow, just how old ARE you, LC?   ;)

Seriously, I think that any pro athlete--but ESPECIALLY pro football players--need to be prepared to walk away.  Not only from a female significant other, but even from the mouthy, sweaty drunks they have to deal with every time they go out in public.

I'm a pretty big dude, and Silverback could squash my nuts into oblivion.  These guys are just so superior in size, strength, etc. that they have to know not to go postal on any ordinary citizen.  

No doubt that LC is right, and there is more to this story than meets the eye.  I'm sure there was significant build-up to the moment and all that.  But these guys have to be aware that they are in the public eye; very subject to prosecution and lawsuits and gold-diggers; and are very dangerous if they lose control on anyone.  Being aware of this, they must act with appropriate restraint.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 20:34 »

I'm sure there was significant build-up to the moment and all that.  But these guys have to be aware that they are in the public eye; very subject to prosecution and lawsuits and gold-diggers; and are very dangerous if they lose control on anyone.  Being aware of this, they must act with appropriate restraint.
No doubt, and I didn't mean to sound like I was excusing any of his behavior.  They do have to be better than that and realize what damage they can do to other people.

Wow, just how old ARE you, LC?   ;)

Didn't I mention that I'm a vampire?

:bloodsucker:

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: