Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 22:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SING KEVAN JONEZ!1!11  (Read 429 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« on: Mar 13, 2008 at 17:52 »

He's available. Wonder if he's going to ever fully recover from his foot injury?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 22:06 »

I see Jones ending up being cost-prohibitive. We've got Willie and Mewelde Moore and I've got faith in the two of them. Would I discount a star RB in the first couple rounds if they fell (ie: Stewart)? Not at all. Could happen.

Davenport I think is done here. I honestly hope he is. Too fragile. No upside to be a feature back type. Sure he had a big run here and there but that's not something you can count on from a week-to-week basis.

Jones has too much potential not to get a bigger ball of bait cast his way, even despite his injury concerns.

I believe he can be a really good player. Not as good as my buddy Frank, who certainly hates him now, once thought he'd be. Being as he selected him 4th overall in a fantasy draft one summer. And yes we still kill him for it.

"With my 18th rounder I'll take a gamble on Kevin Jones".
"Wait wait wait. Didn't Frank take him already? Like 4th pick?!?"

"Ill take (Julius, Matt, Thomas, Cleon, Deacon, Too Tall, Andruw) Jones here if Frank didn't take him yet".

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2008 at 07:29 »

Kalimba Edwards, too.  A bit lanky for a 3-4 DE, would almost have to try his hand at OLB, might be too late for that.  And some 4-3 team will get him for DE.

Bottom line, a whole lot of fuckups in the Detroit scouting department...  NFL's worst these past ten years or so?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: