Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 02:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SING KYLIEMINOGUE FOX!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2072 times)
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #30 on: Mar 14, 2008 at 17:39 »

Farrior was also a regular starter with the Jets. Check out his season before he signed with the Steelers...quality. I don't think Fox has ever been anything more than a special teams guy/role player.

James Farrior

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Mar 14, 2008 at 17:50 »

Do you guys remember the last 4-3 outside backer who failed to impress prior team, that the Steelers signed and moved inside?

James Farrior...maybe the change in system will help Fox blossom...he WAS a third rounder after all.

The Farrior and Fox signings have nothing in common for me. Granted: they both ARE linebackers, both played outside in a 40 front D, and the most strikingly similar fact is that they both indeed sung with us. Or sang. Whatever.

Fox has been added as an afterthought type who will be looking to find his role as a special teamer. He was made attractive to the Steelers due to the lack of quality depth available, the fact that the Steelers only have 6 draft picks this season, have holes to fill, and have next to no money to spend. Pittsburgh was in a desperate situation to find decent, cheap depth guys to fill out the roster. The bright spot on Fox's KC resume was told to be "filled in at LB when (so-and-so) was hurt and was not terrible".

Farrior came into the league as the first LB drafted his year. He played a variety of roles, mainly as a starter, for the Jets and was productive. The year before he came aboard he was second in the NFL in tackles (just a few behind Ray Lewis in his knife-wielding prime). The Steelers were in no way desperate to fill a void with him, but they were so excited by his skills that they pushed leading tackler Earl Holmes out the door and made Farrior a spot in the middle of their defense.

I don't see the comparison. Unless you meant Matt Farrior.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Mar 14, 2008 at 19:37 »

The Farrior and Fox signings have nothing in common for me. Granted: they both ARE linebackers, .
I fail to see what Antwan Randel-El has to do with this discussion. Please stay on point.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: