Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 22:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SING KYLIEMINOGUE FOX!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2522 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 11, 2008 at 11:21 »

Another KC LB.  

Get excited.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 09:20 »

Woooohoooo....

Second FA signing of the year!!!

http://news.steelers.com/article/87520/
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 10:10 »

Woooohoooo....

Second FA signing of the year!!!

http://news.steelers.com/article/87520/

The newer, faster Clint Kriewaldt.  

My question is this: he played OLB in the KC 4-3, does he move inside to replace Clint?  Or are they toying with him in the Arnold Harrison OLB spot?

Either way, he'll add some value to STs.  That's a plus.  Expect that to be a recurrent theme among FAs and draft picks.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 10:50 »

Wow, I'm shocked we signed anyone else.  New espn headline:

Steelers Go on FA Spending Spree!

Seriously...I can't remember the last time we signed two FAs--and possibly THREE--in the first two weeks of free agency.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 12:32 »

Fee agint singings wonner gamez

Stealler slupper bowel srixty free,

Champeeens.

Win.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 15:57 »

Contract Details:

...Fox, a third-round draft choice in 2004, received a signing bonus of $40,000 and will be paid the veteran minimum of $605,000 in 2008. He will be a backup linebacker and special-teams performer for the Steelers.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08072/864438-66.stm

Cheap signing,... tough to complain about.  Two additions (Moore, Fox) so far, and one subtraction (Faneca).  I'm actually hoping we lose a couple FA's soon.  I don't want to jeapordize the high comp pick that we'd get for losing Red.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
shills
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 18:31 »

I know he's generally a special teamer.....but wow, the dude gets a lot of tackles per game  52 (44 solo) in 16 in 2006, 21 (19 solo) in 10 games in 2007....that's cool with me.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=5618

Here's a scouting report....I would say that the pros are far better than the cons.....

69-60: Average Starter
A valuable roster player but is not dominant against the better players he faces on a week-to-week basis... Gives great effort and you are glad that he is on your team, but he may or may not go to the next level.

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 63 | Key
Alert: None

Comment: Fox is a restricted free agent with third-round compensation. He was the backup No. 4 linebacker for the Chiefs but started games on the weakside when Derrick Johnson was out with his ankle injury. He split time later in the season with the ineffective Kendrell Bell on the strong side. He is a solid overall athlete for the position. He shows solid play speed and can play sideline to sideline. He is active pre-snap. He plays with solid competes and has a very good motor. He shows the athletic ability to match up in man-to-man coverage. He can carry the tight end to the seam and on the deep out. He is a willing take-on player. He is a solid hitter and wrap-up tackler when he gets the runner in his sights. He plays well laterally. He can get over stacks and make plays out near the numbers. On the downside, he does not have many starts in his career, and he needs reps. He can get out of position, because he will take false steps at the snap. He is not quick to read run-pass, which takes away from some of his aggressiveness. He needs to learn to use his hands better to shed blocks in-line. He can get out of control at times and lose his containment. He does not have a real solid feel in zone coverage. He does not see routes develop in front of him and is slow to break on the ball. Overall, he is a talented player who should continue to get better. He has the speed and athletic ability to be a good starter, but he needs to get more comfortable with his reads and reactions.  
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 19:52 »

Comment: Fox is a restricted free agent with third-round compensation.
So is he going to cost us a third rnd pick?
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2008 at 19:53 by The Emperor » Logged

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:19 »

Thats the 07' scouting report.  He's a UFA this year.
Who farted?
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 20:57 »

Contract Details:

...Fox, a third-round draft choice in 2004, received a signing bonus of $40,000 and will be paid the veteran minimum of $605,000 in 2008. He will be a backup linebacker and special-teams performer for the Steelers.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08072/864438-66.stm

Cheap signing,... tough to complain about.  Two additions (Moore, Fox) so far, and one subtraction (Faneca).  I'm actually hoping we lose a couple FA's soon.  I don't want to jeapordize the high comp pick that we'd get for losing Red.

There's a minimum threshold.  He doesn't reach it.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: