Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 31, 2014 at 03:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SING KYLIEMINOGUE FOX!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2215 times)
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 22:11 »

He doesn't cost us a 3rd rounder. He was an UFA.

Seems decent enough for me. Backup/ST type and we've only got six draft picks and limited cap space to find useful guys.

For the vet minimum? Can't beat it.

And two FA signings and two weird names. Keyaron and Mewelde. I think that even used to be the title of a short-lived UPN comedy from the late 90s.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 07:14 »

Are you thinking of Keyaron and Mewelde Go to White Castle?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 07:22 »

Racist.

Keyaron and Mewelde were actually a popular recording act on the Atco imprint, responsible for such hits as "(Do the) Grimenhunt" and " Singing the Ty Law Blues".  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 07:57 »

Racist.

Keyaron and Mewelde were actually a popular recording act on the Atco imprint, responsible for such hits as "(Do the) Grimenhunt" and " Singing the Ty Law Blues".
And don't forget the crossover hit, "Everyone Wang Mewelde Tonight!"
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2008 at 07:58 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 08:01 »

And AJ's weird name theory re-takes its solid hold on the Stillers' FO.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 08:10 »

Racist.

Didn't Michael McDonald do the backing vocals on that one?

Unhh hunhh unnh hunnh

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 08:42 »

Racist.

They would have achieved slightly more to substantially more success not only in terms of sales and money earned but also in terms of recognition and fame and a greater sense of historical impact on not only the rhythm and blues genre but also other genres impacted by that genre such as funk and rock and rap and so on if the duo of Keyaron and Mewelde were not under the tutelage of talent impresario slash manager slash promoter slash self-aggrandizing womanizer and gourmandizer and celebrity hound one Col. Harry A. Way.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 09:24 »

Racist.

Didn't Michael McDonald do the backing vocals on that one?

Unhh hunhh unnh hunnh

Back in the days of vinyl, when yours truly worked in a Podunk, PA record store, we used to have two customers who were... freakishly obsessed with certain artists releasing new recordings.  One was a guy who resembled Jeff "Skunk" Baxter (Doobie Bros., Steely Dan).

Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, lower left.  Please do not refer to Jeff "Skunk" Baxter without the name "Skunk," e.g., "Jeff Baxter."  Always, always use "skunk," preferably spoken as Jeffskunk.

Every week, at least once a week, this little Jeffskunk dude would come in and ask if Dan Fogelberg (God rest his soul) had a new album out.  And we'd be like, No, Jeffskunk (actually, his name was Larry), nothing yet.  And it wasn't like Fogelberg was cranking out new albums every other month, so this went on for a year or two or three, and it was like, if we knew of a Fogelberg wax coming out, dude, don't you think we'd tell you just to shut you the fuck up?  Jeffskunk, a.k.a. Larry, later applied for a job, but confessed that he had had a bit of a shoplifting problem.

The other guy was just this middle aged dude who always was sort of surly and resembled no one in particular.  I think that's a feature of middle age: you just sort of turn mushy.  You stop resembling anyone and just resemble other middle aged guys.  The closest I could come up with was the comic Larry Miller, the doorman in that one Seinfeld episode.

The unheralded comedic genius that is Larry Miller, who resembles the movie extra's cunt dad.

This guy was the father of some chick in my HS class, didn't really know her, but she had an extra part in that movie Mannequin which entitled him to act like an arrogant cunt towards us peon record store slaves.  She was at the 25th last November, and I'm gonna guess that extra part was pretty much the highlight of her time since graduation.  So, arrogant extra's dad was always in, pretty much as part of a tag team with Jeffskunk Larry, asking when the new Michael McDonald record was going to be released.  I think at one point I lied and told him it wouldn't, because Mike McDonald was dead or something.  That just made him angrier, and more of a cunt.

It was kind like this, only real life is always more jagged-edged and crappy, and there was no John Cusack or Jack Black, just us turds, hating everyone, smoking all the time and throwing albums like frisbees out the back door.  The Sunday after-hours ritual included illegal activities, and mopping the floors, which was somehow more enjoyable after said activities.  All to be novelized, someday, maybe.
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2008 at 09:30 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 09:38 »

Cheap signing,... tough to complain about.  Two additions (Moore, Fox) so far, and one subtraction (Faneca).  I'm actually hoping we lose a couple FA's soon.  I don't want to jeapordize the high comp pick that we'd get for losing Red.
There's a minimum threshold.  He doesn't reach it.
Fox doesn't, but Moore should.  As is, his signing would negate the loss of Faneca (despite the $6.5M annual difference in their contracts).  The probable R3 comp might beome a R7 instead.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 09:48 »

KC's much more familiar with that formula, so I defer.  I thought the two components were starting time and size of deal: is one more heavily weighted?  If it's money, we should get something in the Faneca-Mandy Moore exchange.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: