Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 08:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EPL Football  (Read 2035 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 11, 2008 at 23:59 »

Seems like enough of following.  So let's get this party started right with a fair account of Sir Alex's usual bitching and moaning.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 12:34 »

Ferguson related to Holmgren perchance?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2008 at 02:07 »

Everything is heating up for shizzle. Can't believe Spurs scored 4 today. I'd say ManU has the inside track right now. Sorry Pensod, but Arsenal will be in 3rd place after Sunday's visit to West London and will have to go through Champions qualifying, again, next year. Good luck with Liverpool, although with Chelsea's recent Champions League semifinal history with the Merseysiders, I might welcome facing Arsenal. Provided of course the Blues take care of Fenerbahce. Seems like Liverpool is going to hold off Everton for 4th. Torres has been unstoppable lately, and I'm a little surprised how easily they handled Inter. Definately rooting for them to beat ManU though this weekend. A ManU-Barca semifinal would be exciting, although I think Messi is still hurt. I don't expect either Roma or Schalke to put up much resistence.

As far as the EPL goes, I see 1-4 being the same as last year but with 1-3 all within 5 points. Ronaldo is off the hook this year, and with Chelsea's draw today, they can breathe a little easier. They do have to go to Stamford Bridge yet, so who knows, but right now they are 3 points clear of the Gunners, and 5 up on the Blues. I think Arsenal's relative lack of depth at this point in the season (only when compared to Chelsea or ManU) will be trouble for them, and I think their recent league form(4 draws) doesn't bode well. It will be a big, BIG week playing Liverpool 3X.

Should be a fun end to the season, and for all you EPL and Champions League fans who are DirecTV suscribers, its not to late to get Setanta and FSC and get all the matches. They need to start broadcasting the games in HD. SkySports broadcasts in HD in Europe, but none of the feeds in the US are in HD. Not even the Champions League on ESPN2. Maybe next year.

CHELSEA! CHELSEA! CHELSEA! CHELSEA!
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2008 at 13:26 »

Hey Penso, here's something you might be interested in.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=235...01&league=ENG.1

...payback from December.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 12:11 »

Wow, what a performance from your boys Penso. 2 goals and a man down in the second half, and to come back and take 3 points was incredible. Absolutely vital as well.  ManU is rolling and Ronaldo's backheel goal was ridiculus. Chelsea was extremely lucky to keep pace with 'Boro hitting the woodwork 3x late.

Arsenal certainly has a tough road to hoe with 3 matches against Liverpool in the next week, with a trip to Old Trafford as a reward. Brutal. Arsenal certainly has the quality to get through, but Liverpool is going to be going all out in Europe especially as they have pulled away from Everton for the last Champions spot. As Bolton just found out though, you can't count out the Gunners.

ESPN 2 will show tomorrows big clash live. Fenerbahce v Chelsea will be on ESPN Classic( or live on Setanta).Today its Roma v ManU, and Schalke v Barca  later on Classic. FSC will have the Gunners trip to Manchester on April 13th. April 26 ManU travel to West London and face Chelsea. Lots of big matches here at the end and my money is on an all England Champions League Final in Moscow..... and stupid ManU to take EPL honors.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 13:06 »

I kind of lost track over the past couple weeks (midterms and papers, I have 5 freaking classes this semester) but Arsenal really has tailed off the last few weeks.  As long as we can get through in Europe, that's what really matters to me though.  Erase that horrible memory of Lehmann flying out of the net.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 18:18 »

Man Utd is killing it. Domination IMO.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: