Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 16, 2014 at 08:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The more I think about E. Wilson...  (Read 1569 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 09:26 »

Well,  whether its putting Ryan on PUP and reclaiming his salary via insurance or he retires, I don't know.

Ty has a minimal cap hit this year.  It'd have to be Ryan's 1.5M hit this year and next they have to try and get back if they Sign Mr. Wilson.

Of course they can make more room other ways (resructures, cut ced) , but I don't know if the plan is to carry 5 safeties on the roseter.

It might be a moot point anyways, we might not be able to compete w/ bucs or jets based on the cap.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 10:13 »

IMO, this is interesting news if true.

If Pittsburgh is even in the same discussion as the Jets and Bucs, that signals to me that it isn't about Eugene grabbing the biggest deal thrown his way.  If they're seriously in the mix, it has to be because he considers them a legit contender because there's no way the Steelers can be in the ballpark, dollars-wise, with those clubs.

Cut one Wilson to sign another and extend Starks which would reduce his '08 cap hit by 3 or 4 million.  Those two moves would free up about 5 or 6 million total.

Then, figure out a way to make some cap room for the kiddies.

One reason I am skeptical that this happens though is Tomlin's statement not to expect any major FA moves...ruse?  We'll see.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 10:23 »

IMO, this is interesting news if true.

If Pittsburgh is even in the same discussion as the Jets and Bucs, that signals to me that it isn't about Eugene grabbing the biggest deal thrown his way.  If they're seriously in the mix, it has to be because he considers them a legit contender because there's no way the Steelers can be in the ballpark, dollars-wise, with those clubs.

Cut one Wilson to sign another and extend Starks which would reduce his '08 cap hit by 3 or 4 million.  Those two moves would free up about 5 or 6 million total.

Then, figure out a way to make some cap room for the kiddies.

One reason I am skeptical that this happens though is Tomlin's statement not to expect any major FA moves...ruse?  We'll see.
No shit, we cut Ced and re-do Max, we're in the mix.

For a team that's not really making any FA moves, we've had as many or more FAs in this year than over the past few.  I thought we'd be much quieter...

Wilson in, possible; Madieu Williams, signed w/ Vikes; Mewelde Moore, signed; Gibril Wilson, signed w/ Raiders; Rex Hadnot, signed w/ Browns; Keyaron Fox, signed; I'm sure I missed a few, and that's not even counting rumors like Justin Smith.

OL, FS, and LB seem to be the guys they want to bolster without looking to the draft.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 10:45 »

I'm wondering what the purpose is of bringing guys in if we're not really going to be able to sign them?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 22:03 »

Word is Wilson will not be landing in the Burgh. He wants too much money and rumor has it he's now looking for as much as he can get out of a one-year deal.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 00:19 »

Word is Wilson will not be landing in the Burgh. He wants too much money and rumor has it he's now looking for as much as he can get out of a one-year deal.
Good for him.  Take the cash while it's there; I doubt you could fill the hole for us anyway, no better than Anthony "Leadpads" Smith.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 07:09 »

Who's he think he is?  Ass-Hat-e Samuels?!?  

Doesn't surprise me, though.  Worth bringing him in, but we're not playin' that.

DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2008 at 12:37 »

We lost out in the Wilson sweepstakes, lol..

Signed w/ TB for  1/1.8M/500K  can earn 400K in incentives.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/03/wilson-agrees-w.html
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2008 at 12:37 by DCSteelers » Logged
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2008 at 18:15 »

We lost out in the Wilson sweepstakes, lol..

Signed w/ TB for  1/1.8M/500K  can earn 400K in incentives.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/03/wilson-agrees-w.html

JFC, that seems awfully, awfully lowball.  We couldn't swing that?

DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2008 at 21:19 »

I was reading that he's suppose to compete for the nickleback position.

Me thinks there's a reason why we didn't swing that and NE didn't retain him considering their secondary losses.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: