Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 11:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hail Pitters!  (Read 1159 times)
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« on: Mar 15, 2008 at 22:33 »

Goodbye #8 seed hello #4.

Cincy bearclaws

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2008 at 00:09 »

Espn.com sounds like they're downright diaapointed at the result.

Fuck 'em.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
padgfrombf

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2008 at 18:33 »

In the ESPN coverage of the game, they just about gave J. Thompson III a lap dance for assembling such a talented and powerful unit, especially when G-town got that first half lead.  Of course that whole lovefest crapped out over the course of about three minutes.  Pitt outhustled the Hoyas, even though they played their fourth day in a row with a short bench.

Congrats.  Man, this team looked like ass against Marquette last month and didn't even look like they belonged in the NIT.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2008 at 22:50 »

In my many years of following college hoops (and I'm almost 40 so it has been many years) I've never seen as poor a job done by the comittee as this one.  Forget the snubs for a second (I wonder when we'll hear from vcuram on that topic); the seeding and bracket itself is atrocious.  Look at the west; no problem with UCLA as a #1 seed, although, for fuck's sake, do they ever play outside of SoCal in March?  Duke, who won neither the ACC regular season nor the ACC tournament, lost to Pitt on neutral turf, non-tournament Wake and an overrated Clemson, is #2.  Horsehit.  The 3 seed is Xavier, who won the A10 regular season (not bad) but also shit the bed against a St. Joe's team twice down the stretch.  St. Joe's, in turn, merited nothing more than an 11 seed, FWIW, and wouldn't even be in if not for the miracle A10 tourney run.  UConn rounds out the top 4; they put together 3 decent weeks of play this year, and are a 5 seed at best.  

This has nothing to do with Pitt; if anything, I feel they're slightly over-seeded too.  It's just that, like the BCS, the selection comittee is obligated to 1. maximize profits and 2. produce a fair and balanced tournament.

The next two seeds are Drake (who I hope make a run to the last 8) and Purdue, *snicker*.  Weakest bracket ever, but at least people in LA will be watching until the final four.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2008 at 23:49 »

Bob Knight = Pitter.

He's picked the Panthers to go all the way and cut down those nets in San Antonio as the National Champion.

Whoa.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2008 at 08:40 »

Oral Roberts is going to DEEEEEEE-STROY [/b][/size][/font]Pitt in round one.

God told me.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: