Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 20:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers to play in Toronto!  (Read 568 times)
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« on: Mar 20, 2008 at 00:17 »

I know it is only a preseason game and likely nobody else cares, but the Steelers are playing a game against the Bills in my hometown of Toronto this summer. It will be really cool to take the ten minute drive downtown to watch the Steelers play instead of my usual 6 hour or so drive to Heinz Field!

Go STEELERS!!!
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2008 at 10:42 »

At least it is a preseason game. I hope you enjoy it! I don't think regular season games should be played outside of an NFL franchise's city myself. But preseason is peachy keen fine by me.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2008 at 11:29 »

Vin, I agree with you that meaningful games (i.e. regular season games) should be played in the NFL team's home city. However, the NFL is trying to get us much international exposure (and money) as possible. I really do not think that they should be playing in places like Tokyo and London myself. But if you think about it, the majority of professional sports are now doing (or soon will be) things like that. The NHL is considering setting up games (maybe even a league?) in Europe, I know the NBA has been doing a lot of things international, and there are rumors about Manchester United and the English Premier League playing games in the USA sometime soon.

So Vin, what do you think about the Bills playing regular season games here?

I don't like it much myself. The tickets are ridiculously over-priced, and though I am not really a fan of the CFL, I think consistent NFL football over here could kill that league. I think a pre-season game every so often is fine, though.

There is talk that games here are kind of a 'testing the waters' type thing to eventually bring the Bills to Toronto permanently. I am not sure that I buy that. I have spoken to the CFL Commissioner personally a couple times through work and he says that there is strong interest in bringing a team here. But whether interest=action remains to be seen.  
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2008 at 11:32 »

Wouldn't mind going to Toronto to see a PS game and take in some sights, but with the US dollar trading below the Canadian...  Can you believe that?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
PittsburghPA
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2008 at 15:24 »

Wouldn't mind going to Toronto to see a PS game and take in some sights, but with the US dollar trading below the Canadian...  Can you believe that?
Considering our currency is backed by ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, yes, I can believe it.

Q: What's the difference between "hard" and "light"?
A: You can sleep with a light on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: