Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 08:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiper likes Mayo  (Read 803 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Apr 01, 2008 at 12:48 »

on his sammich...

Jerod moving up his board.  Dovetailing with Steelers bringing him in for a look.

Tennessee's Mayo making move up Top 25 Big Board
 By Mel Kiper Jr.
 Updated: March 27, 2008

The more you watch film of Tennessee junior linebacker Jerod Mayo, you realize just how versatile he can be at the next level. He played middle linebacker for the Vols, but in their bowl game against Wisconsin, Mayo played outside linebacker. He also has the best cover skills of any linebacker in this year's draft.

In my last mock draft, I had Mayo going to the Tennessee Titans with the 24th overall pick; however, when my next mock draft comes out April 1, there's a good chance Mayo will be coming off the board somewhere closer to the middle of the first round.

Tennessee's Jerod Mayo has the versatility to play either inside or outside linebacker in the NFL.

* Asterisk denotes underclassman

1. *Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas (6-foot-1, 208) | Previous: Same
The reasons for his dynamic performances throughout his career are excellent vision, very good balance, game-breaking speed and a passion for the game.

2. Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College (6-4, 223) | Previous: Same
He has the size and arm to wow the NFL brass during testing.

3. Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU (6-2, 292) | Previous: Same
Disruptive force along the interior. If there is one nonskill position player fans should watch, it's Dorsey: He always makes plays or opens up space for his teammates.

4. Chris Long, DE, Virginia (6-4, 282) | Previous: Same
A 3-4 defensive end with great bloodlines who understands leverage and uses his hands as well as any D-lineman in the country.

5. Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC (6-1, 297) | Previous: Same
Tampa Bay Bucs-style DT with superior quickness and a nonstop motor.

6. *Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio St. (6-3, 262) | Previous: Same
He took his play to a new level in 2007, showcasing the explosiveness to overpower offensive tackles at the point of attack. Gholston also has excellent closing speed, as evidenced by the 14 sacks he registered. He also has the versatility to play with his hand off the ground.

7. Jake Long, OT, Michigan (6-6, 320) | Previous: Same
Top-drawer left- or right-tackle prospect.

8. *Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State (6-5, 320) | Previous: Same
An excellent left-tackle prospect with athletic ability and solid technique that will make him a great blindside protector in the NFL.

9. *Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson (6-4

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 12:54 »

Mayo = Timmons, v2.0?

The Fabulous Wig is getting antsy... He needs some sudden drama in the lead-up.  Mayo skyrockets up the charts!

BTW, Chilo in R1?  More buffonery.  Felix Jones at 15?  

Anyone could do what Kiper does now.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 12:56 »

It seems that Albert is getting more and more attention by draft "experts." I fear he will be gone at 1.23.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 13:46 »

It seems that Albert is getting more and more attention by draft "experts." I fear he will be gone at 1.23.
Yeah, I fear the same.  My gut says that Long, Clady, Williams and Albert are all gone by 1.23.  I just hope they don't settle for one of the other linemen.

Maybe another patented Colbert trade up for "the guy they want?"

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: