Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 18:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN's Mel Kiper Mock Draft  (Read 1134 times)
steelers4lyfe333

« on: Apr 01, 2008 at 15:29 »

Just watching NFL live today.. Reading the Kiper Mock Draft at the bottom...Saw 2 things that blew my mind...

Kiper has Brendan Albert at 5!!!! Going to the Chiefs... Albert was originally projected early round 2.. Now Kiper has him top 5?? I call bull shit..He had Clady falling down to 13...

Also he had the Steelers grabbing Kentwan Balmar from UNC at 23..I'd be straight up pissed if we go DT first round...I dont believe he is our "type" of a 3-4 NT..The only DL I think we need day 1 is Kendall Langford at DE.. Hampton and Hoke do a hell of a job...

Any way you can see either of these things happening??
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 15:52 »

I think Albert's gotten a helluva lot of puffery from the draft goons.  I like him, but top 5?  Well, doubt it.  Over Clady?  Doubt it.  Maybe taken ahead of us?  OK, possibly.  Still there when we draft?  Also possible.  The bandwagon shit gets a bit thick this time of year.

I actually like Balmer, but as a 3-4 DE.  Moreso than Merling or Harvey.  Not a lot of NT prospects, actually; Langford might be a better DE value, though.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 16:03 »

Ya Fin, I know me and you both are big on Langford and Nelson....Id just love a Albert, Nelson, Langford 1,2,3...

Albert is just a bad ass...Nelson would raise hell in the blocking/receiving game with Hines.. And if Langford played on the same side as Woodley wow...That could be a powerful duo for a long time to come
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 18:15 »

Ya Fin, I know me and you both are big on Langford and Nelson....Id just love a Albert, Nelson, Langford 1,2,3...

Albert is just a bad ass...Nelson would raise hell in the blocking/receiving game with Hines.. And if Langford played on the same side as Woodley wow...That could be a powerful duo for a long time to come
That's my dream ticket right now.  R4, maybe a guard; R5, maybe a DB/FS; R6, ya know, who the fuck cares, center, DL, whatever.

I'm not sold on Albert being gone, just because some people have him top 10 or something.  His OT experience is thin, after all, and higher than 1.23 for an OG, whatever the chance of transitioning to OT, is a gamble.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 18:43 »

Totally agree about Albert...would love to see him spend a year learning...then take Marvels job when he walks..I think he could work good in space..

I like a guard in Round 4 also.. Maybe a Mike McGlynn of Pitt or Pedro Sosa of Rutgers... Pedro can play all 5 positions and he has started for 4 years.. I like what he offers..

Round 5/6 take the best player available.. Maybe some1 with 3rd round talent slips down...Cant wait to draft some new age black and gold warriors
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2008 at 09:05 »

Albert at 1.5?  Ah, OK.

If Clady's still on the board at 1.13, a trade up should be considered.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2008 at 16:53 »

Clady in my eyes in a cant miss franchise LT...He does it all so good
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: