Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 12:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My 1st Round hopes  (Read 818 times)
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Apr 12, 2008 at 09:29 »

These are guys I think we might have a shot at.  I have listed them in the order I would Like them.  I would be happy with any of these, but in the order I have them.  
1.  Cris Williams
2.  Brandon Albert
3.  Jonathan Stewart
4.  Quentin Groces
5.  Jerod Mayo
6.  Kentwan Balmer
7.  Kenny Phillips

Williams and Albert are probably gone and Mayo, Balmer And Phiilips we could trade down and get.  

Rnd 2 I like these guys:
1.  Cliff Avril
2.  Anthony Collins
3.  Duane Brown
4.  Kendall Langford

Probably can get Langford in the 3rd.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
bucc-o-pain
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2008 at 09:45 »

Emp, you still have Groves rated #4 even after having heart surgery? I am not being a smartass, I know nothing about the procedure he had. I really liked Groves prior to this so your input would be appreciated.

Tanqueray and Tab and keep 'em comin'.  - Big Ern
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2008 at 10:26 »

Emp, you still have Groves rated #4 even after having heart surgery? I am not being a smartass, I know nothing about the procedure he had. I really liked Groves prior to this so your input would be appreciated.
I did not know about nthe hart?  Wow that sucks.
Sorry mods please move to draft page thanks.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
bucc-o-pain
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2008 at 15:11 »

I did not know about nthe hart?  Wow that sucks.
Sorry mods please move to draft page thanks.
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Auburn DE/OLB Quentin Groves underwent surgery to treat Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome in his heart on March 27.

Groves had a rapid heartbeat. Anytime a heart needs to be repaired it's concerning, but Schefter says teams still project Groves as a first-round pick. Groves sent a letter to all 32 clubs informing them about the procedure. Still, this is something teams will have to weigh on draft day. -Rotoworld

This does suck as I thought he would be worthy of the 23rd pick if there is a run on OL.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2008 at 15:12 by bucc-o-pain » Logged

Tanqueray and Tab and keep 'em comin'.  - Big Ern
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2008 at 18:41 »

It's likely that the "surgery" that Scheffter is talking about was actually a heart cath procedure that is much less invasive. A cardiologist threads a catheter up into the heart. The cardiologist then  uses a radiofrequency burst to destroy heart tissue that is conducting electrical impulses that are causing abnormal heart rythm. I had a similiar procedure about 10 years ago to treat a similiar, albeit less serious, problem.

However, WPW is no joke. While it's possible that it can be fixed, or minimized with drugs, this makes him DND IMHO.  Too great a risk that he will have recurrence, and have to be taken off the field. There is even a chance he could just drop dead of a sudden heart attack.  

Feel bad for the dude.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: