Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 08:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Torain  (Read 760 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Apr 23, 2008 at 07:23 »

Visit on YouTube.

Interesting; wonder who shot it?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
sysadmin7

« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 09:12 »

Good find..."that's it, that's it, get in it, get in it, a'ight shut it down, shut it down"...

Only a few WR's really jump out at me this year:

1. James Hardy
2. Jordy Nelson
3. Marcus Monk

AND...that's about it. No way do I want us to take one in the top 2 rounds, at all. Nelson really stands out as a #3/PR/KR type guy who is worth every bit of a 3rd round selection.  

I've seen a few mocks that have us taking Limas Sweed/D. Jackson/etc, which Sweed wouldn't be that bad of a pick...but I just couldn't watch our first round and select another WR this year. Who are we ...the Lions? With all the needs we have, I just don't see WR being that pressing of a need. Would it be nice...sure would, but with all the other holes I can think of I just don't see it.

If Colbert takes a WR in the 1st, I'm taking a ball bat to his knees. After taking a "project LB" in the 1st last year nothing would really surprise me.  

LINUX = FREEDOM
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 10:14 »

I think there are a fair number of quality receivers.  Their aggregate triangle numbers are down, but you can make a case that any of the top WRs are flawed this year.  There's no Larry Fitz or Calvin Johnson types.  There are some interesting small school guys (Jerome Simpson, who was in for a visit).  If we took a WR in round 1, I think it would be a mistake because we lose the trade-down and it's not an exigent need.  If we trade down and get a guy top of R2 to, wherever, then fine.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: