Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 18, 2014 at 17:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Horrible Vikings Draft  (Read 1264 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Apr 23, 2008 at 08:04 »

They can't get their card to the podium in time.  Or when they do, they draft bust receivers and DEs.  

Well, now they've given up on even trying in the draft.  Their first round and two third rounders for Jared Allen?  Plus $30M guaranteed?

WTF, idiots?!?  

They hit paydirt with Peterson, but now they're back to being slobbering fools.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 09:03 »

Man, experts were ripping the Chefs for wanting to trade Allen, but then they pull off this kinda deal?  No fucking brainer, IMO.  Too bad Pittsburgh couldn't have done something similar, only on a smaller scale, with Fanny.  

Now, KC DARFTS Long or Gholston at 1.5.  Or, maybe trade down with a team like Balty if Ryan is still there.  Maybe someone will want to move up for McFadden?

And, it wouldn't surprise me to see them use the Vikes' 1.17 on a guy like Brohm.  This move might've eliminated one of Pittsburgh's R1 moves if BB goes in that spot.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2008 at 09:25 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 10:17 »

If KC screws the Brohm trade-down scenario, I'll fucking cap Peterson personally.  But consider: who's stepping up in Allen's shoes?  IMO, they have to use the Vikes pick on a guy like Harvey.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 10:55 »

But consider: who's stepping up in Allen's shoes?  IMO, they have to use the Vikes pick on a guy like Harvey.
I don't think it could setup any better for KC.

They take Allen's replacement at 1.5; either Chris Long or Gholston.  Pretty good chance that at least one will still be there.  Dropoff in production should be marginal, IMO.

At 1.17, they can still possibly target the stud O-lineman they covet and if all the quality ones are gone by then, Brohm will probably still be on the board unless something really screwy happens.

Good for the Chefs, but could be bad for Pitt if they were planning on leveraging Brohm as a trade down scenario.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 17:50 »

The funny thing is, here in Minny, everyone loves the deal.  Allen's a helluva player sure, but everyone here acts like they are getting a future sure-fire 1st ballot HOF'er and didn't have to give up much to do it.  The money + the draft picks is an insane price to pay for, what, the 5th or 6th best DE in the league?

To me, the move would make sense if the Vikes could win right now.  Considering their QB situation, there is no way that can happen, so it makes no sense they would mortgage their future like this.

After this deal, and the contracts they gave to Berrian and Madieu Williams, they will be in Salary Cap hell in 3-5 years.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2008 at 23:23 »

Minnesota's draft so far:

Tyrell Johnson, Arkansas State.

Nothing against the kid, who I think will be good. But, when you're rebuilding, shouldn't you be stockpiling draft picks?  ADAP will break down sooner or later if you don't have a quarterback or wide receivers.

They do have two fifth-rounders to come though.  We've all done been there.  Walked up to the store on the corner and bought two 5-dollar scratch tickets.  At least a thousand dollars a week for life.  Guaranteed.  Someone's gotta win.  One scratch, two scratch, you pays your money and you rolls the dice.

Scratch on, you crazy Vikings.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2008 at 23:36 »

But, when you're rebuilding, shouldn't you be stockpiling draft picks?
That's the funny part, the Vikings brass actually truly believe they are ready to win now.  Apparantly they've convinced the fans too, you'd swear the parade route is already planned for next February.

As long as Tavaris Jackson is the QB, they won't get any further than a 1st round playoff exit, and that's even pushing it.  But try to tell that to someone around these parts and you're likely to be strangled.  Purple Kool-Aid has flooded the streets!

I actually think the Vikes should have taken Brohm with that pick, get a QB who can actually run the WC Offense, but word is they are handling T-Jack with kid's gloves and don't want to hurt his fragile psyche.  Whatever.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2008 at 23:37 by give'emthaboot » Logged

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: