Well after reading basically every written analysis of all of our draft picks I thought i should wrap it all up for everyone...
1. Rashard Mendenhall- RB-Illinois... I no RB wasnt a need.. but I loved chosing the best player available at 1.23... Hope he can get his weight up to maybe 230-235.. Runs a solid 4.4 40... has a killer stiff arm.. an underrated spin move.. and amazing cut back skills.. of what i saw he is also a pretty decent of screens and receiving out of the backfield...I am excited to see what he can do for us..Draws comparisons to Michael Turner/New-Age Fred Taylor..
2. Limas Sweed-WR-Texas....At 6'4 running a 4.4 40 he looks like he could be something special.. Kinda worried about the wrist a little bit..Great elevation...Above average blocker..Pretty decent after the catch...Known for dropping a few passes.. Hope we can work that out.. Route running looks really good.. and he adjust to the ball in the air very well..Reminds me more of a Jerry Porter than a Plax.. Very good athlete.. Big upside..
3. Bruce Davis-OLB-UCLA... Listed 6'2 240..This guy looks like a total bad ass..Will be an imediate special team player.. I can see him just blowing up some return men..Will spell James Harrison at ROLB..Mean pass rusher..Good use of hands...Reminds me a little bit of Woodley/Merriman coming out of college...really good motor...Knocks down a decent amount of passes...Worry a little bit about him vs. the run.. But most likely will only be used on straight passing situations...Very local and a trash talker... The more I see of this guy.. the more i like..
4. Tony Hills-T-Texas....6'4 309.. Broke same leg as Willie did... I'm not too concerned about the injury..Needs to add muscle and weight..Has pretty good skill protecting Vince Young/Colt McCoys blind side...Also can play RT and possibly Guard..Very athletic..Works good in space..I like what he can offer...Give this guy a yr or two to grow...Reminds me of a Marcus McNeil of San Diego
5. Dennis Dixon-QB-Oregon..Surprising listed 6'4 205..prob more like 6'2...I think this pick basically removes Zabransky as the 3rd QB..Not only would Dixon be the 3rd qb but i could see him playing a little slot maybe.. I kinda question his receiving skills..but hes raw..Maybe playing in a crazy shotgun package..Throws the long ball better than the short ball..Maybe a return guy??? Super athlete but I'm hoping he wont be too fragile coming back from the ACL injury..I hope he is willing to do whatever it takes to see the field cuz he could be a game changer...His juke moves are crazy..Reminds me of Seneca Wallace/Worse receiving Randle El..
6a. Mike Humpal-ILB-Iowa...Love the style his program plays..Tackling machine..Known for a non stop motor...Listed 6'3 240..Had the speed to cover TE's in college..Definiate replacement of Kriedwalt on special teams..Seems like an good backup ILB in case of injury..A very smart and instictive leader..Worry about his sideline to sideline speed..Not much pass rushing skills..Reminds me of Hunter Hillenmeyer of the Bears..Typical blue collar Steeler LB..
6b. Ryan Mundy-S-WVU...6'1 215..Read he is very intelligent...and was the leader of the WVU secondary...Not a big risk taker..but didn't make many mistakes..Decent hands..Could help on special teams.. Looks to push the return of Ryan Clark and to test Anthony Smith.. Not as gifted athletically as the two..but plays under control..Not being a great tackler..Known for playing deep centerfield in the secondary..Looks like hes a raw Ryan Clark...
I'd rate this draft a B+..Im hoping we pick up some above average Free agents to help the DL/OL