Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 16:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Annual Steelers Draft Analysis  (Read 3229 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 12:46 »

Hartwig's here on a two-year.  Would love to see him bring some stability to the middle of the line, but the long-term solution lies elsewhere.  Legursky can help drive some competition, at least.  

Problem with Hills isn't the broken fib, necessarily.  It's the nerve damage (IIRC in the same leg).  If he can't feel what's going on down there, he can't plant or drive with the leg, and I wonder if that was part of the issue with the break: didn't have that body-awareness of where his leg was and took a nasty shot.  I'd love to see the kid succeed, if for no other reason than team-selfishness.  But you see phrases like "might never play football again" written as recently as last fall...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 13:13 »

This article doesn't rule out the possibility of long-term damage (to nerves or otherwise), but it does seem to imply that Hills should be fine.
http://www.statesman.com/search/content/sp.../0417hills.html

I don't need no stinking avatar!
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 13:21 »

Im with you AJ... i love the Legursky pick up...With his strength/size/agility I believe he could replace Mahans role as a G/Backup C and could push Kemo to become even better..

Add long-snapper to the list of Legursky's attributes.  It would be great to not have to reserve a roster spot for a dedicated long-snapper.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 13:35 »

Im with you AJ... i love the Legursky pick up...With his strength/size/agility I believe he could replace Mahans role as a G/Backup C and could push Kemo to become even better..

Add long-snapper to the list of Legursky's attributes.  It would be great to not have to reserve a roster spot for a dedicated long-snapper.

Hartwig's on a short timer deal.  If we had Stapleton-Legursky as starter and backup, in some combination, with Legs doing the long-snapping, I'd love that.  Agree that LS is a roster spot we could spend on something else.  Like, KR, ST gunner, whatever.

KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 13:58 »

Agree that LS is a roster spot we could spend on something else.  Like, KR, ST gunner, whatever.
Well, now you're just tryin' to piss me off.  Aren't ya?

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 14:29 »

Agree that LS is a roster spot we could spend on something else.  Like, KR, ST gunner, whatever.
Well, now you're just tryin' to piss me off.  Aren't ya?
I do my best.

steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #16 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 15:40 »

Heres a good review of the Steelers draft...One thing I found really interesting is that this guy, Chris Steuber of Fox Sports...He had Mike Humpal as a sleeper on his All-Defensive Team...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8080720...f-the-NFL-Draft  
steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #17 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 12:22 »

13th Undrafted Free Agent was signed... 6'3 266 DT/DE...Northwood University

Arm Length: 32.2"; hand size: 10"; short shuttle: 4.54; 3-cone: 7.54; broad jump: 8'11"' Bench 37

12/23/07 - 2007 CACTUS BOWL ALL-STAR: Clement was a three-time all-GLIAC choice, including the first team twice, and was fourth in the league with 13.5 tackles for loss. - The Saginaw News

Two-time first-team all-conference selection in 2005 and 2007, along with a second-team selection in 2006. He finished his career with 143 tackles, 50 1/2 tackles for loss and 20 1/2 sacks.

Played against lower level competition but after watching his video.. he absolutly dominated...I hope he can slide out to DE after playing his whole career as a 4-3 DT...Extremely athletic..Maybe he can be another Keisel/Smith.....Needs to add some bulk... Could be another late round/undrafted guy to make an impact on special teams then take over in the future...Kinda excited to see this guy at camp..Cant deny his stats and production

Anyone else thinking this could be something??

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:16 »

Sorry, less enthused about the kid from Northwood High School... er, University.

steelers4lyfe333

« Reply #19 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:31 »

Jut would love for him to beat out Eason...This guy and Dorien Bryant are my new dark horses to make the 53...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: