Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 15:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's so hard, to say goodbye, to Dook & Nate  (Read 1874 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 11:48 »

You'd be amazed at how good an offensive line can look when the defense spends a good chunk of the game back on its heels.

And we saw evidence of this on the opening drive and for most of the second half of our game vs. Jax.  Dude, we were a machine hitting Heat and Hines out of the spread.  The rythm and timing were evident, and the Jags had no answers.  Why we STOPPED after the opening drive, and RETURNED to it only after falling behind, is beyond me.

Bruce Arians is out of excuses.  If he can't take the talent that we have, and succeed with even an average line, then there is little hope for things to get better.  We've got all the weapons you could possibly want; now, he has to prove that he knows how to use them.
Uh, yep.

FORK YOU BRYCE HAIREEARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:34 »

Just for the record, you guys may well be right about preserving the continuity of the oline.

However, I still have to ask:  Did we see enough positives from the oline to even worry about preserving any part of it?

At the same time, you get a couple of injuries or someone under-performs, and you're shaking things up anyway.  So maybe start with what we had and go from there.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 15:09 »

Just for the record, you guys may well be right about preserving the continuity of the oline.

However, I still have to ask:  Did we see enough positives from the oline to even worry about preserving any part of it?

At the same time, you get a couple of injuries or someone under-performs, and you're shaking things up anyway.  So maybe start with what we had and go from there.
I agree.  Plus, Starks played better on the left side after under-performing at RT, perhaps because of attitude or concentration.  So, shifts can happen even mid-season that don't kill continuity the way mass personnel overhaul or coaching changes might.  

I gots no problem shuffling the pieces.  I'd let Max compete for both LT and RT spots, for example, or moving Simmons to LG.  I don't think that constitutes major change.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 19:52 »

It's a pretty fine line between an adjustment and an overhaul.  At this point, perhaps the former is a better idea than the latter.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: