Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 07:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champions League Final  (Read 1364 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: May 01, 2008 at 23:09 »

So Manchester United and Chelsea on tied atop the EPL with 2 games to go ( although ManU leads on goal differential), but their season won't be over until May 21st, when the two face off in the Champions League Final. ManU took care of Barcalona, while Chelsea finally excerised their Liverpool demons in a cracking match at Stamford Bridge. The Red Devils and the Blues played one of the best matches of the year last Saturday, with Chelsea coming out on top due to a well taken Ballack penalty. After having all Spanish and all Italian finals, this will be the first all English final...... on a personal note, it was great to see Drogba play so well after Benitez tried to call him out as a diver. Take that Rafa!
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008 at 11:31 »

Glory glory Man United.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008 at 09:30 »

Gonna be a solid evening of sports in the law household.  Champions League Final then Lakers/Spurs Western Conference finals.

"That's some sweet action."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008 at 10:46 »

I'll be giving a final during the final.  Looking for the lesser of two evils, I say, go Chelsea.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008 at 12:58 »

My prediction is Ronaldo scores his first ever goal against Chelsea........but Drogba bags a brace, 2-1 Blues.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008 at 09:38 »

Chelsea had numerous chances to be the New York Giants of the Champions League and they blew it.

IMO, after the initial two extra sessions, if the teams are still tied, they should make all players available again and just play 'til you drop.  I just hate PKs.  To me, it would be akin to deciding an NBA game on free throws.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008 at 10:05 »

Chelsea had numerous chances to be the New York Giants of the Champions League and they blew it.

IMO, after the initial two extra sessions, if the teams are still tied, they should make all players available again and just play 'til you drop.  I just hate PKs.  To me, it would be akin to deciding an NBA game on free throws.
Well, half of my prediction was right. But the only thing Didier got was a red card....PK's just blow. The pitch was awful. People sliding all around. One thing is for sure, Terry will have nightmares for the rest of his life. Fuck ManU.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008 at 11:29 »

One thing is for sure, Terry will have nightmares for the rest of his life.
Yet another in a long line of England backs who can't take a penalty.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: