Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 06:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timmons a Bust  (Read 2079 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008 at 10:57 »

We'll just have to see about Timmons and the SS position as well.  Who knows what we have there?  I'm slightly more concerned about the DL than LBs at this point.  The safties are what they are - hopefully Clark makes it back, but if not, Smith can be coached up ... right?  He can, right?  RIGHT!?

As for the Brownstains winning the AFCN.  Hah.  HAH!  Vin may be right with the 9-7 record winning the division.  That wouldn't be a huge suprise.  I'm hoping for better though.  Sure, it's a tough schedule but damn, shouldn't the Steelers be improved with a year of the new regime under their collective belts?  Yes.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008 at 14:00 »

I don't think the Clowns will move forward this season. I think, with the schedule, and expectations, they fold like a cheap suit.
Do cheap ones really fold any easier than expensive ones?  Have studies been done?  What's the sample size?  I think they're gettin' a bad rap.  While they cost significantly less, I highly doubt they fold any easier than a custom made Armani or Boss suit.

Much like Cincy found out a couple years ago, there's a big difference...a big difference between being a team that nobody expects to succeed and a team that everybody expects to succeed.  It's not easy to move from the former to the latter.  It usually takes a few years to shake off that losing mentality and in a lot of cases they regress after some initial, "out of left field" kind of success before they take that next step.

"Everybody" thinks that Cleveland and Pittsburgh will contend for the North title, but it wouldn't really surprise me to see them fall back a little and finish in the 6-10 range.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008 at 14:01 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008 at 07:06 »

The biggest thing that Cleveland has going for them, IMO, is their Oline.  They are very good up front, and that covers a lot of weaknesses.  Whereas we are not very good, but Ben and FWP cover for that.

Still, I have a hard time believing that they are as improved as everyone thinks.  That defense was nothing special last year, and I don't know that I'm buying into Derek Anderson for the long haul.  We, and Cincy, made him look very pedestrian in the latter half of last season.

And if Cincy makes you look bad, then you might have some issues.

So, all in all, I think we have a good chance to win the division.  But we'll have to make some serious strides to put a major dent in our schedule.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
TwistedLemon

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008 at 07:23 »

Back to my original posting in here, I reread the projected depth chart from my rag by USA Today and saw that Timmons is listed.....as a MLB backup to Foote

I think our division will finish Steelers, Cincy, Clev, Balt.  I have no reason, support, or anything..just going with it

"My reality check bounced"
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008 at 11:03 »

Do cheap ones really fold any easier than expensive ones?  Have studies been done?  What's the sample size?  I think they're gettin' a bad rap.  While they cost significantly less, I highly doubt they fold any easier than a custom made Armani or Boss suit.

In any case, you don't fold your suits.  You hang them.  Although, all you cheap-ass-clothes wearing mfers wouldn't know about that anyway.  Boss?  AJ, join the new millenium.

It usually takes a few years to shake off that losing mentality

If you're the Browns, it takes half a century.

The Browns. Racist!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008 at 19:01 »

quick-twitch

What is that?  And why is it suddenly the catch-phrase for describing players?

In non-football-related commentary, as a soon-to-be middle-aged man, the term "quick-twitch" kind of scares me.  Seems to have profoundly negative implications.
I believe it has to do with some facial tic that throws off opposing players.  Look, dude's twitchin' out...

What I find interesting is that "quick-twitch" is one of those words that used to modify another word (like "reflexes"), but now the former adjective is a noun, as if "reflexes" were implied.  He's a big guy, he has great quick-twitch, he's powerful.  Tomlin tends to have words or phrases that subsume bulkier versions.  First it was "chunks" for "chunks of yardage," now it's "quick-twitch."
Using "chunks" to describe yardage is much preferable to using "chunks" to describe actual chunks.

Eeeeewwww.  :puke:
Leigh just blew some chunks. :unsure:

:doubleentendre:
Now, I've blown a lot of things in my day, but I haven't blown any chunks recently.

The Browns, however, have always blown.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008 at 20:27 »

Although, all you cheap-ass-clothes wearing mfers wouldn't know about that anyway.

Racist!

Back to Timmons, FSU players only wear the finest.

:Dillards:

:FootLocker:

And now's about time for my latest ad rant...

fanprice, where PHILADELPHIA fans set the price for tickets!!!!

Fuck that. Fuck Rendell. Fuck Rocky Balboa. Fuck <RASIST> McNabb Haters. Fuck the Flyers and Fuck Philly. Bishes.

My price is I'll give ya 37 American to kill yourself, Philly fans.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008 at 11:51 »

Although, all you cheap-ass-clothes wearing mfers wouldn't know about that anyway.

Racist!

Back to Timmons, FSU players only wear the finest.

:Dillards:

:FootLocker:

And now's about time for my latest ad rant...

fanprice, where PHILADELPHIA fans set the price for tickets!!!!

Fuck that. Fuck Rendell. Fuck Rocky Balboa. Fuck <RASIST> McNabb Haters. Fuck the Flyers and Fuck Philly. Bishes.

My price is I'll give ya 37 American to kill yourself, Philly fans.
With Firefox and AdBlock Plus extension....No ads. So no anger at see other teams promoted here.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008 at 15:11 »

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I was listening to the Tim Benz morning show on WXDX and he said that he went over to the Steelers training facility yesterday to watch some of the OTA. Timmons was running with the first team "D" and looked absolutely lost. He said all he heard was "LT over here", "LT move over there" the entire time.

It doesn't sound like he's picking things up too quickly.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: