Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 23, 2014 at 21:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clark running with the first team  (Read 992 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: May 07, 2008 at 00:41 »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08126/879256-66.stm

A good sign that he might be able to be the starter he was. As Tomlin says though, we won't know for sure until he starts playing games. It would be a big plus to have a healthy Clark starting at FS.  
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008 at 07:39 »

The way that whole thing happened is just wild to me.  Should we just get Denver banned from the league???  It's hard to imagine that just being there could do so much damage to him.

Needless to say, this is great for the Steelers if he can play; but even better for him that he's alive, much less playing football again.  With something that freaky, who knows what might have happened if they hadn't caught it?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008 at 08:52 »

I'm not entirely discounting Anthony Smith, but with Clark in the lineup Smith can only get better.  At the very least, Smith needs competition.  But I also think his mental aspect would benefit from having a seasoned vet who can back him up, sort of a safety blanket.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008 at 10:47 »

But I also think his mental aspect would benefit from having a seasoned vet who can back him up, sort of a safety blanket.
Or, something like a blanket.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
sysadmin7

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008 at 12:15 »

I'm glad to see Ryan Clark back up and running...or at least attempting too.

On Anthony Smith, I still think the kid's going to be a good/great SS in the NFL at some point. Will he ever make a FS in our defense? Doubtful. He's a pure SS, plain and simple. He likes to play up near the line and tackle. He needs to learn not to bite so hard on play-action (the obvious) but I wonder if he was playing at FS during the Jags game if D. Garrard would've ran that far on that 4 down draw play (you know, the same play they ran all game on us). I still have no idea why Tyrone Carter is on our roster, or even Travis Kirschke for that matter...warm bodies? I'm not sure. But I'd much rather have someone like A. Smith taking his licks than to watch someone like T. Carter/T. Kirschke get abused time and time again.  

LINUX = FREEDOM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: