Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 12:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mendenhall robbed at gunpoint  (Read 1638 times)
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: May 05, 2008 at 18:16 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3382968

Another famous Chicago athlete was victimized early Monday morning.

Pittsburgh Steelers first-round draft choice Rashard Mendenhall was robbed at gunpoint while walking along the city's lakefront, according to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times.

The former Illinois running back was with another companion along the South Side walkway when he was robbed of his wallet, phone and cash, sources familiar with the investigation told the newspaper.

"It was obviously a scary moment," his Mike McCartney said, according to the Sun-Times. "But he is fine. He is doing great. He said he doesn't have anything that is worth his life."

Reports said the two alleged perpetrators wore black hoodies and ski masks.

Last year, both New York Knicks center Eddy Curry and then Miami Heat forward Antoine Walker were robbed at gunpoint in their homes.

Mendenhall was taken with the 23rd pick in the first round by Pittsburgh after he set University of Illinois single-season records for rushing yards, touchdowns and points.

Mendenhall played for Niles West High School and is from Skokie, Ill.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008 at 19:27 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3382968

Another famous Chicago athlete was victimized early Monday morning.

Pittsburgh Steelers first-round draft choice Rashard Mendenhall was robbed at gunpoint while walking along the city's lakefront, according to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times.

The former Illinois running back was with another companion along the South Side walkway when he was robbed of his wallet, phone and cash, sources familiar with the investigation told the newspaper.

"It was obviously a scary moment," his Mike McCartney said, according to the Sun-Times. "But he is fine. He is doing great. He said he doesn't have anything that is worth his life."

Reports said the two alleged perpetrators wore black hoodies and ski masks.

Last year, both New York Knicks center Eddy Curry and then Miami Heat forward Antoine Walker were robbed at gunpoint in their homes.

Mendenhall was taken with the 23rd pick in the first round by Pittsburgh after he set University of Illinois single-season records for rushing yards, touchdowns and points.

Mendenhall played for Niles West High School and is from Skokie, Ill.

Jesus.
It's becoming a little less glamourous to be a pro athlete...

I'm still the one with the boobs.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008 at 20:44 »

Damn, he didn't even put up a fight?

What a pussy.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008 at 21:31 »

Marvin Harrison told me last week, when this went down he was workin' at the car wash.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008 at 21:35 »

Greg Lloyd told me that Rashard wasn't spending enough time studying his playbook.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008 at 22:12 »

Dumbasses.  If you're gonna rob a pro athlete, wait until after he has his signing bonus.  Knowing college students' cash flow, those guys probably got about three bucks and a condom to show for their big heist.  
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008 at 23:27 »

Knowing college students' cash flow, those guys probably got about three bucks and a condom to show for their big heist.
Unless, of course, they hit a guy who plays for OU.  Those guys get some sweet gigs.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008 at 07:11 »

Knowing college students' cash flow, those guys probably got about three bucks and a condom to show for their big heist.
Unless, of course, they hit a guy who plays for OU.  Those guys get some sweet gigs.
Or unless they rob guys from Arkansas, who don't even carry condoms.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008 at 08:11 »

Anyone else concerned that he doesn't have the breakaway speed to get away from this type of situation. How does that translate to the field?

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008 at 08:42 »

Poor kid. Hopefully the wallet wasn't signed by anyone famous.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: