Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 17:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two hours overdue  (Read 1087 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: May 13, 2008 at 11:05 »

The scheduled press conference is now two hours late.  Just my gut feeling, and any legal types out there can weigh in better than I, but I think the longer this takes, the worse it is for the Pats.  Seems to me the NFL planned this meeting as a handshake, "Got anything other than the tapes?  No?  Okay, thank you very much."  Quick news conference, and put it to bed.  Instead, the meeting lasted over 3 hours.  I think Walsh gave them a lot more than they wanted or anticipated.  Now the commish is trying to figure out how to either deal with it or spin it.  
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008 at 11:48 »

Took a hell of a long time to figure out that there was nothing new.

Wonder if Specter will come to that conclusion.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008 at 12:03 »

What a surprise. They got nothin' new? I ask this, why did it take months of negotiations? Why was Walsh worried about being sued? I am usually not the conspiracy theorist, but this really stinks of something being covered up.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
TwistedLemon

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008 at 12:42 »

Nothing new?????

Here's how it really went:

NFL:  "we have the following thus far..............."

Pats:  "Oh yeah, forgot to submit X, Y, and Z......."

NFL:  "well, shit!!  We had planned on this being just as msdmnr2002 described on MGS.......now what?!?!?!?"

Pats:  "Really out of our hands, but we can show you some tape of how other meetings have gone under scandalous accusations proven true but covered up in the past in numerous leagues........here is one on pitching signals being called in from a plant in the outfield seats"

NFL:  "Screw it.  It's already done and over.  What can we really do.....take away titles and give them to the losing team?  That wouldn't be right, after all, Pats wouldn't even have played in the Bowls so the AFC, especially the Steelers, would be robbed of proper representation."

Pats:  "so, what are you saying?"

NFL:  "a "punishment" has already taken place, after all, you got a top ten pick and had to give up your 31st in this past draft.  To make it easy on all of us, let's just go with "nothing new was discovered" and you all pinky swear it will never happen again."

Pats:  "Scouts honor"

NFL:  "ok, now lets present this......remember... ...you guys promised........"

"My reality check bounced"
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008 at 13:00 »

I'm guessing the players who scalped the tickets will get significant suspensions.  Gotta put the hammer down on that; wouldn't want the league to look like they tolerated that sort of behavior.

Cheating to affect the outcome of games?  Well, you know, these things happen.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008 at 13:26 »

This is ridiculous.

It's time to get a hold of Bud Selig and settle this matter for once and for all.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008 at 15:56 »

This is ridiculous.

It's time to get a hold of Bud Selig and settle this matter for once and for all.
I just wroete Bub Seligs and he has not respondead?  Fuky azzhole ho he tink he iz letz dem cheatruts gets off 111  

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: